03 Cobra nitrous users... Please educate me !!!

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Harry, you are the man !!!

Harry, that was great !!! I really appreciate you doing this so quickly... The kit looks a little on the crude side, but it appears to work great.

I like the quality of the NX components and most of the NOS stuff, but I may have to give this kit a shot. I like it how the whole thing is mounted in a very stealthy way !!!

Thanks again Harry,
JC

PS. You car looks super clean bro...:thumbsup:

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Re: Harry, you are the man !!!

I know what you mean...it isnt the prettiest. But my main thing was, I wanted somthing I could take out and knowone would have ever known a kit was there. Collectability wise. Incase later I dont want it in there...it would take about 10 minutes to get it out. Plus I wasnt shooting for it as a killer horsepower maker..more of a killer air temperature cooler, to have my car run the best it can on the hotter days. Or run after run on the street.

Thanks for the compliments on my car....I am real picky with my car. I have owned her since early Oct 02 and have only 1300 miles and the car has never been rained on or even seen water. I just dust her off and polish her alot....

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com
74 Cars owned through the years

Originally posted by xtremejc
Harry, that was great !!! I really appreciate you doing this so quickly... The kit looks a little on the crude side, but it appears to work great.

I like the quality of the NX components and most of the NOS stuff, but I may have to give this kit a shot. I like it how the whole thing is mounted in a very stealthy way !!!

Thanks again Harry,
JC

PS. You car looks super clean bro...:thumbsup:

Snake-Shadow

Established Member
Question

Harry,

Does thisCompucar setup use any window or WOT switches. Or is dependant on how long you hold the little green button?

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Re: Question

Originally posted by Snake-Shadow
Harry,

Does thisCompucar setup use any window or WOT switches. Or is dependant on how long you hold the little green button?

Just the Green Button....

You can get the other devices to do what you want...but like I said...I wanted it hidden and easy out.

I have no prob holding the button in the shifter hand when shifting....at times I use a plastic strip tie to keep it on the shifter with enough cord for me to hit it with my thumb.

Remember...Nitrous Pete www.Nitrous.com sells more kits than just that basic kit...after all , he didnt get his name from running that kit, thats for sure.

Jim D'Amore at www.TeamJDM.com sells Nitrous kits too for those that want to use that awesome crew there.

Also that picture of the cord , is plugged in then. Just for the picture..it is stored unplugged right in the console....

Harry

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
hmmm.. how much is the WOT switch? What does Pete use? Do you think it could be setup like: click on, make the settings to spray at a certain rpm, and step on it.. and then it sprays? I just cant do that green button thing.. green button, steering wheel, clutch, gas, brake, shifter, eyes on road.. it would just overload me. :D

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
That's what scares me about that setup too.
Someone, somewhere is going to forget to release the little green button at the right time and load up the intake with nitrous, and it doesn't take long, even with a 50# shot, to do some extensive damage.
At the very least, a WOT switch should be added to the circuit. A window switch should also be added. Cheap insurance. That won't eliminate all the possible sources for a mistake, but will limit them considerably.
And they are a lot less costly than a new top end.

Dana

Blades, You forgot eyes on mirror, eyes on shift light, eyes on gauges, and tape remaining and...

Blades

Established Member
Thanks a lot Dana. Yeah, i alway seem to forget something.. Not to mention.. eyes on the competition behind you. :D I absolutely agree with you on this economical approach to a nitrous kit. Seems too good to be true.. You gotta pay to play. No doubt it a good kit. It just seems TOO simple..

Harry: I am just like you. I don't want to chop the car up just for collectability purposes. However, I wouldn't mind a clean nitrous install with the switches and a nitrous pressure gauge in the arm rest like mjchips. Even better.. The switches could be placed where the seat controls are.. God fordbid someone gets in my car and "adjusts the seat" tho. Just a few ideas..

What could be bought to improve this setup? How much for window switch, how much for WOT switch.. etc etc.. I'm new to the game. Whats the best insurance for the buck. :D Cuz I definately don't want a (KA)BANG!

BTW, Dana: Whats a TechEdge?

Last edited:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
TechEdge is a WideBand O2 meter.
Displays current A/F ratio (real time). A big help when dialing in the A/F mixture after the mods.
Install an extra bung in the exhaust pipe and add the O2 sensor.
here is the link to their page:
TechEdge
About the switches, you can check Jegs or Summit. They have a decent selection and you are able to see just what each can do, even if you purchase them elsewhere.

Here's the control console for the Nitrous:

Dana

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Hey guys....yep...I know what your talking about with watching everything and wanting to have a safe Nitrous system I could do that..but with me...like you know...simple is where I want it. I only have used it in 3rd and 4th. So its not that hard to handle. But if you want to use it in earlier gears and all....I dont blame you for going with more options. Just call Pete. He can best answer your question. Or call JDM at 1-732-780-0770 I am sure Jim can help you out there too. All depends on what tuner you feel comfortable with. Even that guy in Texas that just ran a 9.91 in the 1/4 can help you midwest guys.

Hot Rod(keeping it simple)Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

FINICKY

Established Member
Can you feel the shot come on ? I kinda want a 30 shot with the same kit.... Did you actually dyno test to se if it was richening up the air fuel?

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Not my car Finicky...but I have seen Pete's car richen up without another chip put in for nitrous. So yes...Pete and others have seen it richen up on the dyno. You know Pete...just give him a call buddy...he will hook you up. I run my new tune I have as of this week , abit on the rich side now....just to be safe.

And yes...you feel that smallest jet shot come on ...its nice! And adds up to 50 plus horse on a dyno anyway.

Harry

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread