'03 cobra lip spoiler installed (pics)

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
finally got a chance to take pics, had it installed quite a while ago, but I've been busy at work and took a 2wk vacation to Hawaii.
its not a perfect fitment as you can see there is a little wrinkle at the bottom. I might need to add a few screws later on. but its not too bad.
ps. to install, I had to take the front bumper cover off, which wasnt too hard.

CIMG0008.JPG

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Nice. Is there a gap at the fender?? It's kind of hard to tell in that pic.

What is causing the wrinkle and is it fixable??

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
in some places, its maybe a 1/16" gap. not really noticeble, and fixible if you add more screws.
the wrinkle is caused by the shape of the underside of the bumpercover not matching exactly with the '03 bumper. I'm gonna try to come up with something to get rid of it.
I can just bend it a bit with my hand and it'll go away.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
I am glad I am not the only one who wants to do that, i say oe picture awhile ago and have wanted to do it but never got around to it. I think that looks tons better than the Mach 1 lip.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
yo Jeb, why did u get rid of the supra? I almost bought a '98 Quicksilver TT 6-speed, 35k miles, before I got my '01 cobra. The guy wanted like $36k for it which I thought was too much at the time, but later on I saw a similar one sold for mid-40ks.. oh well.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
Serpentor said:
yo Jeb, why did u get rid of the supra? I almost bought a '98 Quicksilver TT 6-speed, 35k miles, before I got my '01 cobra. The guy wanted like $36k for it which I thought was too much at the time, but later on I saw a similar one sold for mid-40ks.. oh well.
Well if mine were a turbo I definatly would have kept it, but it was a non-turbo auto with 150k miles so I went with the Cobra. One day soon I will buy a Supra TT.

Users who are viewing this thread