03 cobra hellion twin turbo kit....

Matshelby

Established Member
I currently have a stock 03 cobra vert. I'm looking to buy a hellion twin turbo kit and need some help in wanting to know what mods i might need to support all that power. Thank for any help.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Front and rear suspension upgrades.
Clutch and input shaft upgrades
Subframe connectors.
Tires/wheels
Full Fuel system upgrade including injectors
Intake manifold
new MAF
New Exhaust possibly cats since you are in CA.
Cooling system upgrades.

To do it correctly from a bone stock car. I would budget roughly $20,000. Start to finish, done and tuned.

Zemedici

Established Member
Front and rear suspension upgrades.
Clutch and input shaft upgrades
Subframe connectors.
Tires/wheels
Full Fuel system upgrade including injectors
Intake manifold
new MAF
New Exhaust possibly cats since you are in CA.
Cooling system upgrades.

To do it correctly from a bone stock car. I would budget roughly $20,000. Start to finish, done and tuned.

All correct.

And I'd go $25,000. The Kit is roughly 10k, fuel will be another 4, plus trans, yada yada.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
All correct.

And I'd go $25,000. The Kit is roughly 10k, fuel will be another 4, plus trans, yada yada.

Yea, it could get that expensive depending on option choices for sure. From a stock car, its very very expensive to do all at once.

JPB

On jack stands
Established Member
Fuel system shouldn't cost more than $2k. Mine triple hat return system didn't.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Fuel system shouldn't cost more than $2k. Mine triple hat return system didn't.

Depends on options. A good quality dual pump return kit will cost around $1500-$2000. Top that off with some ID1000 injectors you are in the $2500 range.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You got a FORE triple pump setup AND sufficient injectors for <$2k brand new?

Either it was used or he got a smoking deal.

A Fore Triple pump setup starts @ $1800 with no pumps or controller. The cheapest Lethal Triple setup is around $2000 before upgrades as well. Tack on injectors $$$$. A dual pump system is more than sufficient though.

Matshelby

Established Member
I appreciate guys, but I was just talking to my friend who owns a 2016 5.0, and I was thinking about switching the engine to 5.3l stroker with a 2.9l cusher whipple. Any ideas or thoughts on that?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Dont do it. See the post in Terminator talk about the 5.3 and you will see my reply about why not.

Also, why not just put a 2.9 on your stock engine? Its going to cost just about as much to do the 2.9L as it would to go turbo since you still need alot of the same parts plus a few different ones.

Zemedici

Established Member
I appreciate guys, but I was just talking to my friend who owns a 2016 5.0, and I was thinking about switching the engine to 5.3l stroker with a 2.9l cusher whipple. Any ideas or thoughts on that?

Why are you wanting to do that? I've seen 950whp 2015s on the stock engine. No need to do motor work for a GOOD while. Trust me. I've been VERY active in the S550 aftermarket.

Dont do it. See the post in Terminator talk about the 5.3 and you will see my reply about why not.

Also, why not just put a 2.9 on your stock engine? Its going to cost just about as much to do the 2.9L as it would to go turbo since you still need alot of the same parts plus a few different ones.

This.

mr. b_98GT

Established Member

What plans do you have for the car? How much hp do you want to make (sounds like you want a lot)? What is your budget? How many miles are on the stock motor? Anything wrong with it? Is this your DD? No use in giving you any real advice with out knowing the answers to some or all of these questions. There are so many different ways to go with these cars, but it all boils down to what you want to do with the car. A 2.9 Whipple can live just fine on a stock block with some supporting mods, and it is capable of big numbers as you reach for more power.

A 2.9 Whipple is exactly what I want, but I want to build up the rest of the car before I get the Whipple. Still need to build the irs, do a full return fuel system, get a 26 spline input shaft and RXT clutch, and a few other things before getting the Whipple.

Matshelby

Established Member
My cobra has 59,900 miles. JLT CAI, Eibach sway bars, mgw shifter and bassani catted x-pipes. Nothing crazy. Im looking to push 850hp to 950hp. This is my daily driver. I also ran into a problem with my bama x4 tuner. MY CAR WONT RUN!!! After I installed the 91 octane tune, the car will start then just shut off. Has anyone ran into something like this?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Get rid of the Bama tuner.
Buy a real daily driver.
Mod your car accordingly after that.
Making 850-950hp is no easy task. If you are using Bama tunes and trying to achieve these goals you have a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go.

NastyNate420

Established Member
Get rid of the Bama tuner.
Buy a real daily driver.
Mod your car accordingly after that.
Making 850-950hp is no easy task. If you are using Bama tunes and trying to achieve these goals you have a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go.
Theres a whole lot of TRUTH there !!

Matshelby

Established Member
I'm new to all this by the way. Im just looking for some pointer to put me in the right direction. Best mods for the cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread