03 cobra engine detail questions

Rambro

Established Member
I plan on doing an engine detail on my cobra and have a few questions. Should i spray the motor down(garden hose on shower setting) when it is warm or cold. And what are some ways to prevent water from getting into the rear coil packs. I was going to try to use some plastic bags and tape them off, but im open to other suggestions. I also plan to use simple green and CD2 for cleaning and detail.

10thcoupe

Banned
i do mine barely warm. not cold but never hot. i laos just tighten down the coil pack bolts good b4 hand i also use a airhose to dry that whole area after im done

Rambro

Established Member
Anyone else know of a way to keep water from gettin into the COP's ?

MAD SVT

The guy with the Thing.
Established Member
i do the same as mentioned previously.. water shouldnt get in there thru the gasket... i would avoid a direct hit with a pressure washer of course.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
just use shower and be gentle; you dont need much water to whisp away the simple green and remnants. just a light sprinkling.

the engine can be *warm*, this will help the simple green break down grease. too warm, and itll evaporate it and leave water spots/deposits. ideally you can just do it on a cool motor just the same.

i never had issues with water entering my COP valleys. Then again, i didnt sit there and flood those areas with water either, just a quick once-over will do.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I was just wondering about this as mines really dusty and needs a cleaning too. So pretty much everything else under the hood can get wet? Like on the wires towards the firewall? Mines very dusty back there and by the injectors, ect. Great thread I want to clean my asap. Also what is this simple green stuff? Any certain one?

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I was just wondering about this as mines really dusty and needs a cleaning too. So pretty much everything else under the hood can get wet? Like on the wires towards the firewall? Mines very dusty back there and by the injectors, ect. Great thread I want to clean my asap. Also what is this simple green stuff? Any certain one?

just Simple Green.

anything under the hood can get wet, only thing to watch out for as far as soaking wet is spark plug valley, belts, and alternator.

when you drive a car through a rainstorm or puddle, guess wherer that water goes.....gently hosing down the engine bay will have the same effect.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
just Simple Green.

anything under the hood can get wet, only thing to watch out for as far as soaking wet is spark plug valley, belts, and alternator.

when you drive a car through a rainstorm or puddle, guess wherer that water goes.....gently hosing down the engine bay will have the same effect.

Ok cool, its driving me nuts and needs to be clean. I see simple green makes alot of products, guessing this is the stuff people use?

Simple Green Cleaner/Degreaser-24 oz |BTL| 676-13012

OR IS IT THIS ONE?

Foaming Crystal Simple Green

Users who are viewing this thread