03 cobra e85 requirements or 91 and torco ?

ctozzi

Established Member
I’m stressing about my dyno appointment coming up soon and need to pick a direction. My dilemma is e85 or 91 and a bit of torco to get to 93 ?
Mods-
Stock engine
Kb 2.2 with 2.8 pulley ( 18.5-19lbs)
Stock lower
80# injectors
Kb bap
Stock fuel pump

I was looking at storage for e85 vs using straight 91 and a bit of torco. What do these cars need to run e85 and a flex tune ? I don’t drive the car much it’s more of a quick cruise on the weekends with my son. We only get 91 in vegas so I’d have to roll with 91 and add torco to get a cleaner tune. E85 seems ideal but I need to upgrade a few things I would guess and then store it in the garage ...
Thanks for any help
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
Bummer there’s no E85 there.

Some have run it on stock pumps but most of us go return less

I don’t think your pumps would support 19psi on E85 as it does require more fuel.

Those that store it leave it in a 55G barrel I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ctozzi

Established Member
I think I’ll do a torco tune till I can go full fuel system

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nxhappy

Established Member
e85 takes WAY more injector and pump, like 20-30% MORE. If you have pumpes with e85 you could go that route but you are talking a lot of money, the best setup will be dual pumps, ID1000, and returnless. I really like the idea of meth. easy to buy, chep to setup, and you 110+ octane.

Hef

Established Member
I plan on going E85 but some of my buddies don't recommend it for fear the car won't run right. One is on 93 and torqo. That'd be OK, won't have to update fuel system but I also wouldn't want to buy a $20 can each time I fill up. I plan on return fuel system, 3000 may, 1000lb injectors, 2.9 Whipple, stock block and a good tune. Does anyone run the above setup on just 93? If so, what hp you making?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
80lb inj will be plenty to run E85 on 19psi 2.2 KB. I'm running 80s on a 2.3 whipple at 22psi and they're more than adequate. Your factory rails are fine.

Your factory pumps will not be fine. Definitely upgrade to run E85. Dual fpdm, possibly the feed line. Or...just go full return.

As far as power....there's no comparison. I'd think a 19psi KB 2.2 terminator E85 ought to make 650. Maybe the 91/torco makes 600. But just the dyno. 50hp is a decent amount....but it's out on the street one finds out its even more than that. E85 more low end, more mid range....and most importantly....MUCH more repeatability as intake temps rise. 30 minutes of driving and one single blast....it's probably more like a 90hp difference as the 91 tune starts pulling timing due to IAT2 readings. The E85 car will just laugh.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Bummer there’s no E85 there.

Some have run it on stock pumps but most of us go return less

I don’t think your pumps would support 19psi on E85 as it does require more fuel.

Those that store it leave it in a 55G barrel I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

e85 takes WAY more injector and pump, like 20-30% MORE. If you have pumpes with e85 you could go that route but you are talking a lot of money, the best setup will be dual pumps, ID1000, and returnless. I really like the idea of meth. easy to buy, chep to setup, and you 110+ octane.

I think you guys meant return style. Our cars come from the factory with a returnless system.

I plan on going E85 but some of my buddies don't recommend it for fear the car won't run right. One is on 93 and torqo. That'd be OK, won't have to update fuel system but I also wouldn't want to buy a $20 can each time I fill up. I plan on return fuel system, 3000 may, 1000lb injectors, 2.9 Whipple, stock block and a good tune. Does anyone run the above setup on just 93? If so, what hp you making?

I've been running the Fore level 2 system with ID1050X's since last September on 91. No issues at all. It's all about the tuner. This past weekend it finally saw some E85.

For the guy with the fear, he needs to learn some more before speaking up. I'm currently at E50 according to my sensor. Car is running just fine. Couldn't tell the difference between that and pure 91. Did a cold start yesterday just to try it out and it fired up like normal.

SAC Man

Established Member
Agree, you will burn 1/3 more fuel on E-85. My Sonoma went from 17 mpg down to 12 mpg. My Lightning gets about 8.5 - 9 mpg. Of course, you aren't building your car for gas mileage.

Users who are viewing this thread