03 Cobra Crossroads

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
My 03 Cobra has almost 47,000 miles on the odometer and it's decision time. I can invest $10,000 and upgrade the s/c, fuel system and cooling system or sell it and buy something else. If I commit to the first option then I feel I should keep it until 100,000 miles and rebuild the engine; keeping the block and replacing everything else. This is assuming that a KB or Whipple with 17psi and a conservative tune(550-575rwhp) will get me to 100k miles. On the other hand, if I decide to buy something else, there aren't too many viable options. Some people may be willing to pay $65k for a GT500, but I am not. Even at $45k, while the GT500 is better than my 03, it is not $10k better. But that is just my opinion and it may be worth it to someone else. The Challenger is supposed to be out in 2007, but it will probably have an outrageous markup for at least a year and its too long to wait for the new Camaro, even if the SS model has the LS-7. I would greatly appreciate any input on my delimma. I have never kept a car for 50k miles,but this is the best car I have ever owned and I really don't want to give it up.

- Aj -

Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:
I have never kept a car for 50k miles,but this is the best car I have ever owned and I really don't want to give it up.

That just about sums it up. :beer:

Juiced-03

Established Member
No way you need to put 10k into it. Get the Stiege port, add a little more boost, get a tune and enjoy your new power! I don't think you should build the engine until it needs to be built. I think my engine will hold to at least 100k even with the mods I have on it. I currently have 60k on the odometer.

Maybe freshen up the suspension or brakes if needed. If you really want a lot of power, maybe try to find a used Whipple. They seem to be going for nothing lately. You could get the Whipple, injectors, BAP, MAFia, and tune for under 4k. I'd personally try the Stiege blower first though. You would save a lot of money and perhaps you would be content with 500+rwhp.

Evil Bender

Rabid Roadie
Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
+1 on the siege port.I am going to keep mine,B/C I doubt we will see a bang for your buck car like these again for a long time,maybe never.

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
No way you need to put 10k into it. Get the Stiege port, add a little more boost, get a tune and enjoy your new power! I don't think you should build the engine until it needs to be built. I think my engine will hold to at least 100k even with the mods I have on it. I currently have 60k on the odometer.

Maybe freshen up the suspension or brakes if needed. If you really want a lot of power, maybe try to find a used Whipple. They seem to be going for nothing lately. You could get the Whipple, injectors, BAP, MAFia, and tune for under 4k. I'd personally try the Stiege blower first though. You would save a lot of money and perhaps you would be content with 500+rwhp.

Thanks for the advice. I am looking for more power without compromising the reliability and life of the motor. I will look into the Stiege porting.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
Just keep the snake.

Take the 10k and put it aside for insurance. Problem solved.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread