03 Cobra clutch HELP!!!!

sn8kbite

Established Member
Anybody know of a replacement clutch for the 2003 Cobra that can actually handle the horsepower these cars make?
I have already had one clucth and flywheel replaced by ford.
Had the car out again last night and now im afraid the clutch is fried again.
Ford refuses to put anything in the car that is not OEM parts.
Since this is the second clutch i am not putting the OEM parts in it again,even if that means i have to put it in myself.
Would appreciate any input from persons with experience related to the performance aftermarket clutches.
Hope to be running 10's by spring so i need something that can take some serious abuse and not go up in smoke with E/T street slicks on the car,however i dont really want a clutch that requires a family of 5 to depress the pedal.:shrug:

2003 Cobra

Established Member
I've got the Centerforce Dual Friction setup in now because the pedal was too stiff on my 03 and the clutch shuddered on takeoff. The Centerforce pressure plate is a Valeo unit which is the same manufacturer that Ford uses. The Centerforce pressure plate has less pedal pressure so I figure it's an 01 Cobra unit with weights. I now have less pedal pressure but I think that Centerforce just put weights on the 01 Cobra unit and is charging like hell for it. I don't know how long my new clutch will last but I can say the shudder is gone and the pedal is lighter. If I had to do it again, I would say don't buy Centerforce. Too expensive for an updated 01 Cobra pressure plate.

sn8kbite

Established Member
re:

I think im leaning towards the SPEC stage 3.
Im not sure the stage 2 can hold up long term in the cobra even though it may hold up better than the factory unit.
Anymore opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread