03 cobra build question

Giller1

Established Member
I'm fixing to embark on my first build. But I have no idea of where to start. I know that it was making 460hp and 440tq before the need of the build and my goal is 600. I know the lower end is bad on the factory block so I was thinking about getting a new short block. Where is the best place to buy from? I was thinking about the MMR aluminator killer. Pros cons? What else will I need to make the 600hp mark? I know that my car has been pullied, C&L CAI, single blade throttle body, bigger plenum, exhaust (no headers), diablo tuned, H&R lowering springs, camber caster plates, and heat exchanger. Thanks in advance for the help.

XPTB

Established Member
AFAIK, the stock short block is easily good for 600 hp. I don't think you will have any issues with it.

I would think you only need a KB/Whipple/VMS, BAP, Injectors, and MAF. I'm probably missing something.

Giller1

Established Member
AFAIK? I considered using the stock block but im not to mechanically inclined and don't want to be ripped of or suckered in buying parts I don't need. To fill y'all in the stock engine is knocking bc it was ran low on oil (long story). And I don't know how bad it is hurt.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
As far as I know

I wouldn't worry about a block man, get a VMP TVS pullied accordingly If you can go return go that route, or BAP, BAP wire upgrade, diablo mafia or sct maf, 80# injectors. This with what you have will get you to the 600hp mark.

Users who are viewing this thread