03 Cobar kinda vs C5 Z06

Stater212

Established Member
Driving to Street Car Takeover Kick off party in KC my brother and I pulled up next to a yellow C5 Z06 at a stop light in my new cobra. I figured what the hell might as well. I got the "nod" from the guy I thought but wasn't really for sure the vet sounded good def cammed but not sure what else if anything was done to the car. When the light went green I took a bit before really taking off only because I wasn't sure what his plans were. Well I ripped out pretty good in second gear and he did even hit it. Pulled up next to him at another light and I asked him what the hell he said and I quote "nah man don't think I would have near enough". We got a good laugh and parted ways.

So not necessarily a kill but a funny story I thought I had to pass along. I have a feeling I wouldn't have had any trouble but oh well.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice! I had mine out today and there is high school prom going on. A young man and his prom date were in a orange chevelle. He asked "is that a real svt cobra?". He wanted to hear it, but I have crappy 92 octane in the tank yet from winter storage.

Zemedici

Established Member
Ah idk why your sig didn't show up in the OP. However, he made a smart decision, as he wouldn't have anything for ya

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I wonder if it was my former 2001 C5Z. I sold it to a guy in his 20s who lives in Kansas City in March. But my car was definitely not cammed, but it did sound good thanks to the Magnaflow X-pipe and Blackwing CAI.

SSMOKE-U

Super Petrosexual
Established Member
My cammed c5z squeaked out a fender on a 2.9 Whipple 5.0 this past mustang week. C5Z with right setup is wicked.

Users who are viewing this thread