03 cams vs 03 mach 1 cams??????

99SVTcobraVERT

does anyone know if the specs on the 03 cobra cams are same as 03 mach1, i mean down to the last digit??? ive heard they were the same EXACT cam, i know they same as navigator cams, but im trying to make sure.... help out you 03 guys!!!!!!:beer:

Angus

Established Member
Originally posted by NOScobra2001
hmm interesting...im thinking of putting them in my 01 cobra...i wonder how it would react?

According to Ford literature, you'll get slightly less peak hp/tq.
They do reach those numbers at lower (read "Useable") RPM's though, which is great for a street-driven car.

But Ford changed their hp/tq rating system before the '03 model year, so they are currently under-rating their engines compared to previous years.

Angus

Established Member
i dont see how you could lose peak hp/tq with the mach1 cams.when the mach 1's are blowing away the dyno's,tracks with peak numbers and low end

Because the heads aren't the same - the '03 Mach 1/Cobra have a revised head design that is matched to the new cams, not the '99 - '01 cams.

Notice I did say that the rating system was revised - due to this, you MAY not lose a thing, only gain low-end tq.

You'll have to try it to find-out though.... ;-)

Angus

Established Member
i didnt think mach1 had even different heads? im going to prob do them and post results

The Mach 1 has the same heads as the '03 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread