'03 Bumper on a '99

Screamin'04

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I'm (hopefully) going to be getting my Crystal White '99 Cobra this week! *crosses his fingers*

My preference is an '03 front bumper cover because of the way the driving lights look. Will an '03 bumper fit on a '99? It's also got a '00R hood on it, I may also want to put an '03 hood on it, but I'm not real sure about that yet...

I've searched around here for both topics, but haven't found anything.

Thanks guys!

Ed

Screamin'04

Established Member
Bizarro said:
What did you search for?
I did a search for "03 front bumper" http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1761475
And on the first page came up with this http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366453&highlight=front+bumper
I'm sure if you kept scrolling you would find even more threads.
I did a search on "bumper" in the "New Edge" forum and read through every single page of the search results. Perhaps I over looked some, so I'll look again.
Double"O" said:
or you could be different and not go for the 03 look
I suppose I could, yes; but I really like the '03 bumper on a cobra. I've got a lot to learn though as I'm new to the "Cobra" scene, so maybe by the time I get aclimated to the '99, my opinion will change. I REALLY love the 00R's, and thought about doing the Cervini (sp) '00R splitter and wing, but I'm a Fox guy already and really hate the thought of adding a "ricer" wing on the back, even though the 00R's are freaking HOT...

Anyway, I'm not trying to make a bad introduction here, I've been hanging out on the corral forums for a couple of years. I do always try to do my research before posting. If I slipped up this time, it was probably sensory overload along with unbridaled anxiety about getting my '99 in my driveway instead of sitting at the dealership waiting for me! Both cars (the Fox and the Cobra) are white, so they'll make a great sibling relationship LOL :)

Thanks guys,

Ed

Last edited:

NXSVTCOBRA

yes the 03 bumper will work on a 99, you will need the foglight bezels and brackets for the 2003/2004 cobra though, as far as will it work with a 00R hood? yes it will, and of course it will work for an 2003/2004 hood

on a side note, I think answering your question was a lot simpler than searching for posts

Welcome to SVTP

Slo01Cobra

Established Member
Double"O" said:
or you could be different and not go for the 03 look
Yep, keep it stock looking. There are more 03/04's running around than 99/01's. I personally Like the looks of the 99/01's best.

CobraG

Established Member
Welcome to the New Edge forum :)

Does your 99 have any performance mods? Are you going for show or setting up for show first?

I like the 03 bumper but that would probably be pretty much near the bottom of my mod wish list.

Again, welcome and feel free to ask questions, without em this board is pretty boring :beer:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Welcome aboard and post some pics when you get the car.

If you decide to buy an 03 hood, definitely let me know. I'd be interested in the 00R hood.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I personally think the New Edge Cobras have the best looking front bumpers :shrug:

I do the like the 03/04 cobra Rear bumper more than the new edge. Most likely because of the bigger letters and its a smoother flowing bumper. (does not have the dip at the center bottom)

Have fun with your new edge. I just got mine 2 weeks ago and i love the car

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
i know the frontend of a new edge will grow on you, i used to want a terminator bumper but mine is so much rarer, and now that its dropped meaner.

the '03's are sexy but ours are pretty unique.

SSeatr

Established Member
my 99 has the 03/04 front bumper i love it..talk to steve on here he sells the whole bumper kit which includes, fog lights and bezels and ask him for the pig tails for the fog lights its pretty cheap and ships fast.

SSeatr

Established Member
my 99 has the 03/04 front bumper i love it..talk to steve on here he sells the whole bumper kit which includes, fog lights and bezels and ask him for the pig tails for the fog lights its pretty cheap and ships fast.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
quick01snake said:
you all act like there were 50x more 03/04's than 99/01's made...its like 19k termie's and like 15k 99/01...

there are only 4 new edge cobras in my town of 400,000 people, and ive seen atleast 10 terminators.

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
IMG_0934.gif

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
dirty_canadian said:
there are only 4 new edge cobras in my town of 400,000 people, and ive seen atleast 10 terminators.

so by that math in my town of ~1.2 mil, there should be ~12 new edge cobras? LOL how the F do you KNOW that there are only 4 new edge cobras in your town of 400K people? have you gone door to door and asked them?

sorry but your whole statement/logic just had me rolling...

to birdman941...that hood/bumper look awesome together...

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
I like the term. bumpers but i got the roush kit. looks great and good price
for everything. I could not find kit for 03-04?

Users who are viewing this thread