03/04 throttle cable too long? eaton swap issues

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
i did a straight trade for a kenne bell setup from an 03/04 cobra and the 03/04 throttle cable is too long. never heard of this being an issue before- any insight here?

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
I had the same issue but it wasnt with 03/04 throttle cable, it was with a shit BBK twin 65mm throttle body that left me with almost 3 inches of extra throttle cable. I ended up using zip ties on my throttle cable on the pedal to tighten it up and take up the slack. Thats how I fixed my issue, hope this helps.

encasedmetal

WHINO!
Established Member
I had the same issue but it wasnt with 03/04 throttle cable, it was with a shit BBK twin 65mm throttle body that left me with almost 3 inches of extra throttle cable. I ended up using zip ties on my throttle cable on the pedal to tighten it up and take up the slack. Thats how I fixed my issue, hope this helps.

Yeah I've got an accufab and the pedal is fully on the floor as there's no tension on it at all. Got any pics?

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Unfortunately I dont have any pics. I ended up trying to fit under the drivers side dash to pull the throttle cable slack on out the pedal and just started packing on zip ties as spacers, until all the slack was taken up. It was a pain in the ass, but it fixed the problem.

Last edited:

NOVA98Cobra

Street Defiers
Established Member
The free fix (not the right fix) is to remove some of the sheathing on the cable, cut it, and use a metal cable connector to reattach it with a few inches removed. Just a thought for a free simple fix, should function fine it just won't be pretty.

Users who are viewing this thread