03-04 Front lower control arms vs. GT

Fopar

Established Member
I know this has been discussed before I just couldn't seem to find a thread on it. People used to say they were different but others have said no, only bushings are different? Well are they different? Or should I just order moog replacements....

Fopar

Established Member

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 98

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Going by memory, I think the ball joint is about 1” farther forward on the Cobra arms, unfortunately I don’t have a GT arm here to compare side by side

Dusten

Established Member
From the ford racing sales literature

The kit features (2) front lower control arm assemblies with 50% stiffer rear bushings and low friction ball joints. This control arm has a redesigned stamping to improve the turning circle approximately 10% on 1994-98 Mustangs.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I also remember hearing they are slightly different due to the cobra having 17x9 rims. Needed clearance for turning.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Ford numbers
2R3Z-3079-A
2R3Z-3078-AA

Attachments

• 02BAB8F6-5C5D-4982-B834-4B14EC1822F1.jpeg
    02BAB8F6-5C5D-4982-B834-4B14EC1822F1.jpeg
    444.6 KB · Views: 92

Fopar

Established Member
Oh well. I could have made you a good deal on a pair of BMR control arms I got stuck with.
I mean if I were in CA I’d just buy the BMRs with the spring perches, problem is I’m in Detroit and they just grade roads here without putting up signs. Woodward weekend I crossed an intersection at night and hit the transition where they cut the asphalt away. It was the hardest hit I’ve ever had with the car, one of my lower rad hoses (which I had off earlier that night) started leaking from the hit… so ya not going to trust tubular arms to stand up to these roads. Chances are if I had them on the car that night I woulda tore them out of the k frame

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I mean if I were in CA I’d just buy the BMRs with the spring perches, problem is I’m in Detroit and they just grade roads here without putting up signs. Woodward weekend I crossed an intersection at night and hit the transition where they cut the asphalt away. It was the hardest hit I’ve ever had with the car, one of my lower rad hoses (which I had off earlier that night) started leaking from the hit… so ya not going to trust tubular arms to stand up to these roads. Chances are if I had them on the car that night I woulda tore them out of the k frame
I doubt you would have damaged them. Not that I can say for sure. I did hit the transition at Clairemont Dr. and Balboa once at about 45 because I wasn't away. It hit hard enough to shift the K member and my wife said the shower of sparks was impressive. But nothing was bent and I had some cool new scratches on my K member. But I'm running MM stuff.

Fopar

Established Member
:/

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
:/
Apples to oranges. Can't compare the S197 stuff to ours. Plus BMR had an issue with the S197 arms and fixed it in later designs.

Users who are viewing this thread