03/04 Follower/Lash Adjuster Question.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Hey guys,

Getting ready to drop my Teksid motor off to be built and have a valvetrain question...

I have a set of the revised DC heads that I had ported and built by Fox Lake with a set of custom spec cams, PAC springs, bronze guides, oversized seats etc. I hear alot of good things about people running the GT500 followers/lash adjusters but not alot is clear as far as what is necessary to get the job done.

I obviously would need the GT500 followers. But as far as the lash adjusters...some say the whole GT500/Ford GT intake and exhaust set. Some say use the intake from one and exhaust from another...(GT500/Ford GT - 03/04). I've even seen people say stock lash adjusters and upgrade to GT500 followers only.

What is the clear answer here as far as what is necessary? I have gotten the best of the best in parts to build this motor. Power levels should reach 1,000WHP with my Gen 5 3.0L on E85.

Yes, I have used the search function. Looking for a clear answer as to what to place an order for.

Mainly looking for what I need to order, and also any changes I may need to make to oil viscosity choices in the future...

Thanks.

Last edited:

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Interesting, I ran new OEM adjusters in my car.

MHS explains what you are talking about with mixing adjusters and followers. Ford Shelby GT500 / Ford GT Lash Adjuster Set
Jordan from MHS got back to me this evening. He is selling me everything I need. It appears that we can use the GT500 exhaust lash with the 03/04 intake lash adjusters. All GT500 followers. He also stated that it wouldn't change any oil weight/viscosity requirements. I'll send photos and update when I receive everything!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

03' White Snake

Established Member
Cant wait to see this build done. I would love to throw a Gen 5 on my motor and see what it would lay down. My tuner told me easy 150 more hp than where it's at now. Would be around the 1000 mark.

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Cant wait to see this build done. I would love to throw a Gen 5 on my motor and see what it would lay down. My tuner told me easy 150 more hp than where it's at now. Would be around the 1000 mark.
Thank you! Me neither! Oh yeah man...the Gen 5 is no joke. They're breaking down barriers daily. Built motors are more than capable of 1,000whp. Whipple nailed it!

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I bought all this when I was going to do my rebuild. After talking with todd warren, he said they are unnecessary and will only benefit you if you are going into high RPMS.

Doesn't hurt to have them, with the work you put into those heads why not!!

UnrealSVT

Established Member
I bought all this when I was going to do my rebuild. After talking with todd warren, he said they are unnecessary and will only benefit you if you are going into high RPMS.

Doesn't hurt to have them, with the work you put into those heads why not!!
I'm totally aware that it will do next to nothing unless I rev it to the moon. Hell, I probably won't even access the true potential of the modification unless the stock ECU is replaced with a Holley etc...I haven't skipped one step in this build and don't intend to so...I went with them.

The very LAST limiting factor I want in this build is the motor. I want it bulletproof and to be a monster. That's why my pockets hurt. Lol

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I'm totally aware that it will do next to nothing unless I rev it to the moon. Hell, I probably won't even access the true potential of the modification unless the stock ECU is replaced with a Holley etc...I haven't skipped one step in this build and don't intend to so...I went with them.

The very LAST limiting factor I want in this build is the motor. I want it bulletproof and to be a monster. That's why my pockets hurt. Lol

I know the feeling all too much... I was on that road with my last car that had motor issue... then I had an sit down with my self and decided that if I'm spending that much money on a car, I want it to be exactly what I wanted... That's when I found another sonic blue and sold the DSG and all of the stuff that I had bought for it. LOL..

I love following your build...its ridiculous hahah..

UnrealSVT

Established Member
Thank you! Yea man, this is seriously expensive stuff and takes alot of dedication working hard go aquire all of the parts. I completley understand. I have had many soul searching moments during my build as well! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread