WANTED: 03/04 Engine, Transmission, Starter, (Possibly Dash, Front Body) Electrical Harnesses

Slowings

Established Member
Since I am clearly incompetent, I am here searching for some pieces I have sold in the past year. I have put a terminator drivetrain in my 01 Cobra, and after trying to use my stock harnesses I have given up due to my own inability to find how to route the harnesses. Between the pigtail splicing and everything the last thing I want to do is introduce new points of failure especially with electrical wiring.

All that to say I am on the hunt. I have purchased a cluster, ECU, and key.

In need of the following:
-Complete top and bottom engine harnesses. (I had both of these for sale and sold not even a year ago. I am kicking myself)
-T56 Wire Harness

Is the dash harness necessary or can I plug it into my 01 dash harness. If I will be unable to just plug and play the 3, I am in need of a dash harness and front body harness.

My cluster ignition and ECU are from an 03, so would prefer 03 if it matters. If it does not matter, then any 03/04 cobra will do.

Hoping someone here has a car they are parting out and can get me everything from the same car.

GM2Ford

Established Member
You’re actually already ahead of the game because your engine harness is for a 4 valve 4.6 engine from the factory. There aren’t actually that many things that would need to be modified. Try not to be so quick & give up on yourself or doubt your abilities. I had very little knowledge at the time, and I modified my 1999 GT’s 2 valve harness to be able to work with a 03-04 Cobra 4 valve engine. Mainly, because it was more cost effective for me to do it that way. Plus, you’ll learn a lot along the way.

If you want to use a complete 03-04 engine harness without any modifications, you will need everything from a 03-04 cobra. Complete instrument panel, body harness & ECU. You “might” be able to swap instrument panel harnesses, but you’ll need to use a 03-04 cluster as well. That would just be more unnecessary work in my opinion.

If you need any help, you can consult me at any time. No charge, haha.

Whatever you decide, I hope you figure it all out & find what you're looking for.

Last edited:

Slowings

Established Member
You’re actually already ahead of the game because your engine harness is for a 4 valve 4.6 engine from the factory. There aren’t actually that many things that would need to be modified. Try not to be so quick & give up on yourself or doubt your abilities. I had very little knowledge at the time, and I modified my 1999 GT’s 2 valve harness to be able to work with a 03-04 Cobra 4 valve engine. Mainly, because it was more cost effective for me to do it that way. Plus, you’ll learn a lot along the way.

If you want to use a complete 03-04 engine harness without any modifications, you will need everything from a 03-04 cobra. Complete instrument panel, body harness & ECU. You “might” be able to swap instrument panel harnesses, but you’ll need to use a 03-04 cluster as well. That would just be more unnecessary work in my opinion.

If you need any help, you can consult me at any time. No charge, haha.

Whatever you decide, I hope you figure it all out & find what you're looking for.
Yeah so I’ve tried to research what needs to be changed for the 01 harness to work. But with how it’s routed I couldn’t. With the stock engine it went under the intake, and then back from drivers side to passenger side on the timing cover. I took the blower off and tried to see what I would do to make sense and couldn’t, not to mention the different pig tails that would need to be spliced in and lead to potentially more points of failure. Not even to mention the 01 starter harness how I’d make that work.

I already went and bought the ECU, cluster and key/ignition, so have decided to try to make this as simple (and least actual splicing) to just go this route. Still not even entirely sure which harnesses are necessary.

I know in front there is the dash harness, ecu has its own harness, power distribution harness (is that the same as the front body harness or is that another separate harness?) the top engine, the lower engine/starter harness, and the t56 harness.

I was hoping to not need absolutely every one of those harnesses, to make me not regret even more just buying a donor wrecked cobra, but it’s honestly looking like at this point I will need all of those and will need to do basically the whole

Users who are viewing this thread