03/04 cobra instrument cluster install

SilverNotch

Established Member
Ok, here's the latest I contacted coastal dyno and they wanted 140 for a tune to disable pats. So, last week I decided to contact diablo directly to see if they could write me a tune to disable pats. I got a response and the tech said he'd do it at no charge. So, I copied my tune and emailed it and I should have it next week sometime. I can't wait but looking at that boost gauge is going to make me want boost.

SilverNotch

Established Member
I installed the new tune from Diablo and was able to start my car with the new 03 cobra cluster. Seems like there is something wrong with the cluster as the needles seem to be getting hung up. I might have to get it checked out at a speedo repair shop.

98_Undertaker

Established Member
If the cluster was ever pulled apart the needles might have been pushed on too far I did that to mine when I took it apart

01yellercobra

Established Member
You don't have to pull them all the way off. Just lift them a bit and make sure they move freely.

SilverNotch

Established Member
I got a really good deal on the cluster so if I can't get it to work I might get an estimate on the repair or just sell it for parts.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Can you just take the boost gauge off and swap it over into your cluster?

SilverNotch

Established Member
I took mine apart really not too complicated. I'll test it in a couple days. Also if you want to swap mileage its to torx screws and a pull off plug.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Well I messed around with the custom tune and the 03 cobra gauge cluster. If you swap out the digital read from cluster the mileage doesn't go with the display if your curious. The 03 cluster I bought is broken. It lights up and everything but the gauges don't read right. They hang up and don't read correctly. I may have to get it checked out at a speedo repair shop.

SilverNotch

Established Member
I know it's been years but I've put it off. I sold the old cluster on eBay that was broken for what I paid. Then I finally found this and got it for 125 shipped on eBay! Got it today and installed in 15 mins. Works great! It makes me want to drive at night.

745ac559eeb9c6021975b6798dc49736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread