03/04 Cobra Front Bumper on 99-04 GT???

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
I am sure there are some people out there that have done this. Was this install a pain? Do you have to buy special brackets for this to fit? :shrug:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
no you dont. I have one on my car and the factory brackets work just fine. To run foglights you have to get new wiring harness plugs and wire them into the factory harness but other than that, its straight up.

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
did you buy one new or get it off a wrecked car? If you have site that you used that would be great.

I looked on EBAY and found a brand new one w/ paint and shipping it's only $350ish and that didn't seem that bad to me but i just started researching them so....

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
did you buy one new or get it off a wrecked car? If you have site that you used that would be great.

I looked on EBAY and found a brand new one w/ paint and shipping it's only $350ish and that didn't seem that bad to me but i just started researching them so....

the one you found on ebay that is painted is the exact one I have. The paint is good but it needs a few more coats of clear put on it but I didnt bother with it, it really doesnt bother me. It fits great and looks exact to OEM bumpers. I have pics but the pos site I use to host them isnt working.

mdunn250

Established Member
i did... am doing the same thing

i bought the 03-04 cobra front bumper for my 04 gt there are no special brackets needed the bumper should come with the only 2 you need if not you can take them off your stock bumper. one big problem you will run into however is your hood clearance. if you notice on your gt front just where your hood closes the top of the spars beside your headlights, there are some notches molded... the cobra bumper dose not have this:mj:. your fix is either to get cretive with some sand paper on the front ed of get a hood that dose ot drop down as far to give you clearnce :beer: good luck

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
thanks for the info....i am still kicking the idea around but i think i will end up doing it though. I might go for the hood first and then the bumper.

mdunn250

Established Member
good idea because ive had my bumper sitting in my spare closet for 2 months now looking for a deal on a hood...

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
i didnt sand anything down on my hood and im using a stock GT hood. The paint is rubbing on it some but the stock hood fits the cobra bumper very well. it closes up the gap that is normally there, I like it.

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
thanks for the info. i have been wanting to do my hood as well so this is just an excuse to go ahead and get that at the same time.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
its a very good excuse to do the hood, what hood you going with? Im going with a HOfibertrends 2.5" hood or a 3.5" Kaenan cowl

Na5ty 2V

Established Member
I haven't decided yet. I would def go with a cowl though.

post some pics once you get it done.

Users who are viewing this thread