03 04 cobra engine torque limiter / brace

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
PHP Engine Mounted Torque Link

I have a NEW never used engine torque limiter / brase that I had changed plans for and never used... PHP Engine Mounted Torque Link. The square plate mounts to frame or weld to tubular k-member

Link to PHP - bout half way down the page here

This limits the amount of torque your engine can move when you are under a load or revving the engine.... any questions email me at [email protected] or text me at 760-267-7893

New was $290 - Sell for $200 shipped

IMAG1041_zps7874bd09.jpg

IMAG1042_zps4100a914.jpg

IMAG1043_zpsd19c9c03.jpg

Last edited:

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
who would want to limit torque:)

:lol: ... it puts more torque to the drive train because you are not losing the torque through centrifugal force by twisting the motor under your hood under heavy load... benefits of solid motor mounts without sacrificing the comfortably and little to no vibration because you are not solid mounting anything... keeps the up/down movement and vibration dampening capabilities because of the polyurethane of the mount, just limits the rocking of motor from torque .... solid motor mounts are mounted motor to K-member to chassis, vibing your A$s off.... you actually gain torque to drive train.......

Last edited:

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
:lol: obviously you need to do your home work on this product... it puts more torque to the drive train because you are not losing the torque through centrifugal force by twisting the motor under your hood under heavy load... benefits of solid motor mounts without sacrificing the comfortably and little to no vibration because you are not solid mounting anything... keeps the up/down movement and vibration dampening capabilities because of the polyurethane of the mount, just limits the rocking of motor from torque .... solid motor mounts are mounted motor to K-member to chassis, vibing your A$s off.... you actually gain torque to drive train....... hmmm..... children and them thinking they know it all.....:bash:

Don't get your panties all in a bunch

95PGTTech

Established Member
Most legitimate torque dampeners use a hydraulic shock of some sort. I see this as doing nothing solid mounts would not do - you are literally solid mounting the mount.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
Most legitimate torque dampeners use a hydraulic shock of some sort. I see this as doing nothing solid mounts would not do - you are literally solid mounting the mount.

its like putting a chain from head to frame, just more appropriate..... because losing torque is what we want to avoid...

and it was merely an explanation to educate....

nobody said this was the best option out there... this is not comparable to hydraulic dampener... this is a way to keep comfort of street drive-ability while transferring more torque through drive train in a more suitable fashion vs chaining it...

crossbreedsmc

Established Member
I dont understand the confusion? In my opinion, the OP has explained it very clearly. Ive seen this setup on many Fox Bodies. Its a clean, effective, budget option for the street driven cruiser. GLWTS.

Users who are viewing this thread