03-04 Cobra Demand

Grady

Established Member
I certainly understand that. I put about a hundred miles a year on mine. I am 69 and grew up in the best era of all muscle cars. There wasn’t much that I did not ride in back then. Miss those days. Jack

jimwood

Established Member
I just bought one. I had two when they first came out. Had to rebuy. It's an awesome bargain at this price point.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I certainly understand that. I put about a hundred miles a year on mine. I am 69 and grew up in the best era of all muscle cars. There wasn’t much that I did not ride in back then. Miss those days. Jack

That's a lot of self control. Just driving mine to work puts about 50 miles on it. Last time I had it out I put about 140 on it.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
I just picked up my second Terminator, a Comp Orange. Seems crazy having two, but I love these cars and have always wanted one in Orange. They are getting harder to find and anything clean and low mileage is bringing a premium.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
How did
I just picked up my second Terminator, a Comp Orange. Seems crazy having two, but I love these cars and have always wanted one in Orange. They are getting harder to find and anything clean and low mileage is bringing a premium.
How did you find a CO?

RedfireSVT

Established Member
How did

How did you find a CO?
I started with searching the internet, all of the usual places but that turned up nothing. I realized that anything listed will be gone if it's good, or be priced very high. So, I just made a post looking for one and someone reached out to me. Most guys that are serious about trying to sell don't want to deal with 10k messages from people asking questions or lowballing or people not really serious about buying. I also accepted the fact there would be things I might not like about the car (mine has a drilled bumper for front plate which I hate) and that I would have to pay a little more than I would like. It can be a discouraging process and you will find out in a hurry how much you really want one. The key is finding the car that hasn't been listed for sale yet.

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
Love the current demand and pricing on them. Sold my first 03 cobra after 3 years of owning it for a c7z. Ended up selling that and found a stupid deal on a 38k mile SB that I could not pass up. Wont let this one go. Did my gender reveal burnout and everything in it. Loving the value going up though.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
newman-laugh-gif.gif

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I sold mine back in 2015 and was wanting to get into one this year, I’ve had the itch to get another one. I’m tired of not having a fun car to drive. I think the pricing is getting ridiculous. There was one on BAT that had almost 100k miles and went for over 21k. I love these cars and would enjoy another but I am not going to pay these stupid prices for one.

e85svt

Established Member
I to am looking to get into a terminator this year, however the inflated prices and limited availablitilty are driving me away. I know I may have to travel to buy one but finding one with 60-80k miles at around 23 to 25k thats in reasonable shape and is a reasonable driving distance is apparently alot to ask. I've been browsing for 4 years now. Pricing is all over the place.
I sold mine back in 2015 and was wanting to get into one this year, I’ve had the itch to get another one. I’m tired of not having a fun car to drive. I think the pricing is getting ridiculous. There was one on BAT that had almost 100k miles and went for over 21k. I love these cars and would enjoy another but I am not going to pay these stupid prices for one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Crimson2v

Established Member
Premium Member
I to am looking to get into a terminator this year, however the inflated prices and limited availablitilty are driving me away. I know I may have to travel to buy one but finding one with 60-80k miles at around 23 to 25k thats in reasonable shape and is a reasonable driving distance is apparently alot to ask. I've been browsing for 4 years now. Pricing is all over the place.

I’ve been looking for about the same amount of time. I missed out on several good cars, the teal terminator and I had an eye on an 04 mystichrome with 40k they wanted 22k. So many, I should have sold the truck but now the darn thing is paid off and the cobras are going crazy high I would have to sell the truck to bring one down to a reasonable price.

Shawn819

Established Member

I just finally found one close by me (Midwest) for a reasonable asking price. It needs a little TLC, but only has 50k miles on it. I spent about 4 months actively looking for one. I found a few things:

1. Facebook groups and sellers are remarkably unreliable. They either don't respond to inquiries or dance around questions. Granted, they are likely fielding dozens or hundreds of tire kickers, but that's an immediate red flag considering the amount of money you're about to spend. The prices are also all over the place and sellers will just increase or decrease by thousands of dollars by the hour.
  2. SVTP forums are the best bet for serious sellers. I've found the asking prices here are almost always fairly reasonable with a few exceptions. You'll get a better history of the car and often be able to see what the seller has posted in the past to get an idea for the kind of person they are. Unfortunately, the marketplace forum here has slowed way down for Terminators and it's about 10:1 wanted:sale ads.
  3. Autotrader still works good for finding dealer-listed cars. That's how I found mine. Granted, you're buying a little more of an unknown since the dealers will have no idea what the car has been through. Dealer prices are even more variable than Facebook private sellers, but if you're patient, you should be able to find something with reasonably low mileage for under $25k right now. It's also easier to get a dealer to knock off a few thousand as well.
Good luck with your search!

Users who are viewing this thread