02 Sensors

Just curious. Why do you say stock sensors are better than the bosch? I bought Bosch sensors a few weeks ago from Autozone and am curious. Thanks

Those lower priced Bosch sensors are crap. They screwed up the fuel economy in my old 01 Cobra big time. The car was never the same afterwards even after I went back a new set of OEM ones. They're cheaply priced because they are an inferior O2. You'll soon see for yourself. Give it 1000 miles and watch how your mpg will go down noticeably.

cpharley

Established Member
Those lower priced Bosch sensors are crap. They screwed up the fuel economy in my old 01 Cobra big time. The car was never the same afterwards even after I went back a new set of OEM ones. They're cheaply priced because they are an inferior O2. You'll soon see for yourself. Give it 1000 miles and watch how your mpg will go down noticeably.
The ones I bought weren't all that cheap. They were the Bosch Premium. They were something like $40 each. Are the ones for the Cobra the same? They definitely looked like a better sensor when I swapped them out. Don't know about the performance yet since my truck hasn't been driven since I bought them.

The ones I bought weren't all that cheap. They were the Bosch Premium. They were something like $40 each. Are the ones for the Cobra the same? They definitely looked like a better sensor when I swapped them out. Don't know about the performance yet since my truck hasn't been driven since I bought them.

They're cheap in comparison to the OEM O2s. Depending what dealer you buy the OEM ones from...you could be looking between $70 - $90 just for one. So yes that does make the Bosch ones awfully cheap.

Black Molly

Established Member
I think I have bought from you before. If so they are working great. I will take another set if you have any left. Send me you paypal addy.

go-on3

Team JLP
Established Member
Black Molly- I think I have sold you a pair in the past...I am glad that they are working well for you. I'll pm you my pay-pal address. Thankyou !

MMCustomworks

Gauge Pod Whore
Established Member
Are the upstream and downstream the same parts numbers?

If so, I would like a 2nd set if they are still available.

Black Molly

Established Member
they are upstream...and yes MMC they are at a VERY nice price. I bought some a few months ago and they work GREAT. I saw this and decided that I better get a second set... I know I will need them :) PS Money sent

Last edited:

mcafferty

Established Member
if you got a set left I will take them. They will work for my 2001 Lightning correct? I will send paypals today. thanks...Mac

Exdecuk

Established Member
I bought a set last time round and they never arrived due to the crappy PO. This guy couldnt have been more helpfull about getting it sorted and another set were on their way ASAP. Dont anyone ever have any doubts about this guy, he is a great asset to the forum. :banana:

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread