02 gt getting a 4v termi swap... looking for insight from experience.

musclemustangcb

Established Member
Well I am currently swapping an 02 gt with a built AED KB 2.4 03 cobra powertrain. I believe I have every stitch of wiring including the column and cluster. I have a cobra ecu aswell. Do I need to swap my dash harness? Thanks in advance.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
To my knowledge yes you do. Your stock gt wiring will work fine. You will just need to make some modifications

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
If your using the matching ECU and cluster save yourself the headache and get the matching dash. I'm running an AMZ2 ECU with matching harness for the engine and dash. Using an 02 GT cluster, transmission harness, and body harness. It's been almost a decade so I'm a little foggy on specifics. You more or less need the wiring diagrams for both a pin or two might have to move.

Mixing and match GT and Cobra is a bitch as far as engine and dash harnesses. Some of the connectors are physically different shapes. IMHO, go all of one or the other. If you running a terminator intake manifold and what not with a PD blower go all Cobra. The ECU has better failsafe for the application.

Last edited:

musclemustangcb

Established Member
Thanks! I do have all of the cobra wiring/ecu/cluster etc. Dash is coming out this week! Full harness swap just seems like the ideal direction to take.

Users who are viewing this thread