01Cobra intake/TB not going WOT with matching cable

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Guys I am a bit stumped but I didnt have time to dig into this much so go easy on me if this is a known issue. I have been preping my car for a turbo and I have it swapped over to the 01 Cobra intake and throttle cable. Well today I just happened to have an extra set of hands and had my helper push the pedal to the floor so I could make sure the throttle was opening 100% and it wasnt even close. :dw:

So what did I do wrong here? I picked up the 01 cobra cable to go with the intake and it looks like its about and inch to long? :shrug: I will just add this on the the ever growing pile of "Check everything twice". I am sure I can do something at the pedal end to take up the slack but I found this a bit odd since I have the correct cable.

ruthless

Established Member
I found that this is a known issue and that the way to correct it is to either bend the pedal assembly or use a spacer on the cable to take up the slack no the pedal end. I wish I would have check this before I pulled the KB because I have no idea if this was something that popped up after the the intake and cable swap or not. Anyhow I am sure it will be easy to fix, I was just curious if anyone else ran into this after the swap.

On a side note.
The pedal hits the floor when the throttle body is only open 3/4.
While the pedal is on the floor the throttle body can easily be turned to 100% open.
The cable is OEM and new. (Same part number as Hellion has listed)
The intake and throttle body are also new.
Didnt check the throttle position sensor reading yet.

Last edited:

ruthless

Established Member
I did the easy fix since I was a little irked. Step 1 grab gas pedal. Step 2 Pull up. LOL Oh its all fixed now! :) Just go a little at a time so you dont go to far.

Thank you to myself for all the help!! :shrug: :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread