'01 Vert - H&R SS or Race?

Got2BeGT

vroom vroom
Established Member
Ok guys, I've done a bunch of researching on here about what to choose. It seems ALOT of you are running H&R Race springs on your 'verts, and removing 1 iso of the front and sometimes as well as the rear. I like most of the setups, but would prefer a TAD lower (less than 1/2" more). Ive read a few posts where people are saying that sports on a 'vert will be toooooo low. Ive seen pics of a few 'verts running the sports, and they are keeping ALL of the stock (or even upgrading to the MM) isos, and personally, it doesn't look much different than the race springs. Id like to keep the isos, so Im wondering if sports is the way to go. My question to you 'vert owners with sports is this....are you using the COUPE sports or the 'VERT sports

H&R springs
51659 (coupe sport)
51659.2 ('vert sport)
51659.88 (coupe & 'vert race)

Or do I just man up, ditch some/all isos, and run the race spring? lol

P.S. More pics of H&R 'verts wouldn't hurt!

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
If you want the "low" factor get the Vert Sports. They will lower your car the most. If you are wanting it a bit lower pull an iso. Normally the Sport springs will drop you a good 1.6-7" up front and close to that in the rear. I have H7R Race springs on my coupe and I wouldn't want to go any further. 1.5" is enough for me and my lovely roads around here :cuss:

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
I vote the race unless you really want to get as low as possible. The race give a great drop and really are a great piece in upgrading the suspension of your ride, and are what I have installed.

Got2BeGT

vroom vroom
Established Member
If you want the "low" factor get the Vert Sports. They will lower your car the most. If you are wanting it a bit lower pull an iso.

Reading your post made my decision. Im probably going to go with the 'vert sports, and run the stock isos, and if its too low and I scrape on everything, I can just buy some MM isos and put them in to raise it up a bit. If for some reason its not low enough, Ill just take the stock isos out. The roads around here aren't the greatest either lol. Im definately used to driving a lowered car though, so Im not worried about that. Thanks for the input guys! Probably going to order them on Saturday :)

SonicBlueVert01

Established Member
I think I might run the race springs without the isos unless that would be the same as sport springs with isos then I might as well do that. Would it be about the same?

Slowerthnyou99

Established Member
I'm pretty sure mine has the H&R race springs in mine. It goes over regular speed bumps with out scraping. But, with 10.5 wheels and 315's I scrub the fenders when I hit a dip.

Users who are viewing this thread