01 hanging with a Ferrari......

tito_146

Established Member
Yesterday with my cousin went to Miami to get new tires for the Cobra. On the way we passed a Ferrari 360 Spyder I believe. We were around 65-75 mph. A few seconds later I see the guy, and a passenger, coming by. When he was at my door he revved and I did the same. I downshifted to third. So he takes off. I had to pull behind him because I had one car in front of me down the road. The amazing thing was the guy did not pull away from me. With the exciment (sp) of running a Ferrari I forgot to shift into fourth. That was around 120 mph. So I hit the limiter. It didn't look as bad for me because a second later the driver of the Ferrari hit the brakes. I pulled next to them and gave them thumbs up and they did the same.

I was really surprised to be able to hang to a car that is much more expensive than mine. Mine cousin who is an import loyalist told me that the driver probably was not pushing the Ferrari. But then again we were at 65-75 mph and a few seconds later I'm at 120+ on third and me hitting the rev limiter:bash: . What do you guys think? Was this guy not pushing his car?

All I know is that I was surprised of the outcome and the look of my cousin's face was like :eek: , priceless.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
awsome! i tried to race against a 355 spider once, but he didnt want to go. those cars are sweet, but lack in the lower end, worse than our cars even hehe. the highend is where they tear it up! good story! keep em comin'! whoo hoo!

-marek

Avenging Angel

Established Member
Sounds cool. Glad he wasn't a prick returned your thumbs up.

Time to put some mods on that 01 Mister! Get some 4.30's.

99SVTcobraVERT

if it was a 360 spider he should have bent you over worse than an 03 cobra esp on top end because it has like less than 300tq...however it weighs 3100lbs,has 400hp,8500rpm redline and a top speed of 190mph. it does 1/4 in mid to high 12's @110+ mph. also the fact that it is shaped like a bullet doesnt help your chances lol

p.s. this is 2001 model dont know if 2002 or newer are faster

is this the car you raced?
360spider5.jpg

360spider3.jpg

360spider13.jpg

in the end he still couldnt drive the car and will fear stock 01 cobra's LMAO!!!!:rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:

tito_146

Established Member
Yes that is the car. Like I said, I was surprised myself. But it didn't pull on the Cobra from 65-75 on third to like 120 when I hit the rev limiter. The last time I looked at the speedometer I was at 110 on the dot. I was so pumped up.

tonydahose

Established Member
i raced a testarossa b4 i had any mods..he was racing with two other guys...slammed on his brakes looked at me revved the engine and took off...after passing the other 2 cars i got next to him with an open straightaway...felt like a full minute to get from his back bumper to passing him but i did at 135...not bad for a 25k car

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
People with 03's have claimed that they were neck and neck with a 360. I am thinking that if you really are stock, you started at a better spot in the powerband than he did. Also, I highly doubt anyone power shifts or even speed shifts a ferrari.

So I could believe that you hung with the ferrari. Either way, I'd just feel lucky to get to run something like that.

99SVTcobraVERT

0-60 in under 4.5 sec compared to a realistic 5.0-5.2 for us? if the ferrai driver is driving to win we dont have a chance from 0-60 even so def not 0-140

tito_146

Established Member
Originally posted by 03gobluecobra
People with 03's have claimed that they were neck and neck with a 360. I am thinking that if you really are stock, you started at a better spot in the powerband than he did. Also, I highly doubt anyone power shifts or even speed shifts a ferrari.

So I could believe that you hung with the ferrari. Either way, I'd just feel lucky to get to run something like that.

I'm just glad I kept up with it. Even if it was for a few seconds. The guys in the Ferrari were cool too. They gave me a thumbs up :thumbsup: . Since then I have been thinking of getting some mods. I got wheels coming from AFS 17x9 and 17x10.5. I got T/A from Steeda also on the way. I'll probably get the U/D from them too. This thing is contegius. Ok let the modding begin :rockon: .

BCM0018

Established Member
Yeah the 360 has 400 HP but its got less torque than my GT if it were stock so they might not be as impressive form a roll as everyone thinks.

tito_146

Established Member
It is a sweet car to see in person. I'm not trashing the driver of the Ferrari, but I don't think I would be racing every car on the street with a car like that. It is great he gave me the chance to race him. I think I would feel the same way if I ever race against a GT40. Even if I loose really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread