01 GT vs. 2000 Lightning

QuikGT

Banned
again this should be set up...wish there was a whipple powered or kenne bell lightning in my area....id show u, on vid....

h/c/i ls1 vs whipple lightning??? any takers?

Ben99GT

Just a stock GT
Established Member
supeg said:
Yes from a roll, from a dig table's change against most of those cars...

Dude, isn't that exactly what everyone, except for UC and the bmx guy, have been saying the entire time?

Nobody has been saying 99-04 GTs normally wax Lightnings from a dig, but from an interstate roll it's not that uncommon or hard to believe.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
QuikGT said:
again this should be set up...wish there was a whipple powered or kenne bell lightning in my area....id show u, on vid....

A stock motored Lightning with a KB or Whipple, may not be happy running a h/c/i ls1 6spd from a 70 roll. It would have to be a fully built Lightning.

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
and to all the Lighting side guys i know roll racing is gay i would rather go from a dig but we were just playing around. its not like i pulled up to him and said no cant go at this speed we need to speed up so i have an advantage. and yes i know if we went from a dig or lower speed the L would beat me. i was just asking if a this kill was reasonable cause im trying to figure out what mods i have reason of the new car. i have always respected the L's is why in was shocked to have pulled it. this is the first really fast car i have really had and it amazed me that i beat a truck like the L. so i was amazed and shocked.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
Ben99GT said:
Dude, isn't that exactly what everyone, except for UC and the bmx guy, have been saying the entire time?

Nobody has been saying 99-04 GTs normally wax Lightnings from a dig, but from an interstate roll it's not that uncommon or hard to believe.

if you mean me you need to reread my first post:

bmfgsxr said:
im a big mustang fan myself. but i used to be able to beat 99+gts in my 3.5, V6, 5spd., altima se. it may have been by a very small margin, or even neck and neck, but a stock mustang gt isnt lightning fast (pun intended). although a really good driver can make the most of any car. with that said, the lightnings are insane out of the hole, but definately alot slower on the roll. i havent had too many chances to race people in either situation but a stock lightning does have its limitations and roll racing isnt the place for a lightning to shine. and it was never made to shine in roll racing anyway, so if you win a roll race in a L then you got a bonus. everyone needs to keep in mind that we are talking about a 4800lb. pickup truck. anytime you can run a sports car against a pickup truck and even call it a race is a bonus as well. even if you lose in the lightning its still a win if you think about it that way.

i never said lightnings are the champs for roll racing. although i did beat up on a mustang gt from a roll before and my truck is stock, but thats besides the point.

supeg

Established Member
Red post number 3 n this thread, thanks.

Ben99GT said:

supeg

Established Member
Show me what? I said built L with supporting mods..

You saying you can beat a built kb/whipple L? Again do you run 10's?

QuikGT said:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
QuikGT said:

hate to say it, but my $$$ is on the Ls1

physics is your friend :pop:

QuikGT

Banned
supeg said:
Show me what? I said built L with supporting mods..

You saying you can beat a built kb/whipple L? Again do you run 10's?

u really think even a built L with a kb or whipple can hang on the street???
ets are for the strip, my car is built (currently) for the street.....yea ill get that L on the street, bud...sorry to bust ur nuts

448 was before tune....new numbers coming tomorrow!!

Last edited:

supeg

Established Member
EDIT Saw your post history your a ls1 troll no need to argue with a troll.

Go back to ls1tech

Last edited:

Sonic Blue L

Established Member
QuikGT said:
ets are for the strip, my car is built (currently) for the street.....yea ill get that L on the street, bud...sorry to bust ur nuts

So what your saying is you street race and built your car for such, but won't go to the track because you will loose. Yeah your my ****'n hero, maybe some day we all can be as cool as u.

sniderboys23

Sleeper
Established Member
sniderboys23 said:
and to all the Lighting side guys i know roll racing is gay i would rather go from a dig but we were just playing around. its not like i pulled up to him and said no cant go at this speed we need to speed up so i have an advantage. and yes i know if we went from a dig or lower speed the L would beat me. i was just asking if a this kill was reasonable cause im trying to figure out what mods i have reason of the new car. i have always respected the L's is why in was shocked to have pulled it. this is the first really fast car i have really had and it amazed me that i beat a truck like the L. so i was amazed and shocked.
again no comments from all the roll racing gay comments?or should i say 2bescrewed

Last edited:

bmfgsxr

Established Member
QuikGT said:

hey troll, your 448 wont be able to hang on the street with a built, kb or whippled L. its just the way it is. a real built L is putting down over 500hp and 600tq, and some over the 600/700 mark.. but you can dream for free.

WTF D00D

Established Member
I had a stock GT, many things were beating on me like Lightnings, WRX's, EVO's...etc etc...

So I went and got me a 2.1l KB....now they see tail lights...lol

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Another Lightning owner chiming in. Did anyone ask what the temps were of the races? Also, i don't know about most of you....but adding the 90mm MAS to the truck really woke it up. Before, i would lose to a 00-04 GT, now, it's a different story.

These trucks also run alot different in colder temps. Race those GTs in some 40 degree temps and see what kinda results you get.

QuikGT

Banned
Sonic Blue L said:
So what your saying is you street race and built your car for such, but won't go to the track because you will loose. Yeah your my ****'n hero, maybe some day we all can be as cool as u.

ive run as fast as 7.60s at 95-96mph 1/8th mile (on street tires)....so yea id still stomp ur dick in the dirt at the track, too!!!!

suuuupeeerrrmmmmmaaan!!!!:coolman: :coolman: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

QuikGT

Banned
bmfgsxr said:
hey troll, your 448 wont be able to hang on the street with a built, kb or whippled L. its just the way it is. a real built L is putting down over 500hp and 600tq, and some over the 600/700 mark.. but you can dream for free.

yea maybe another 100rwhp on me...

ur trucks weigh too damn much + ur auto + my 6spd(3.73s) + aerodynamics + a much broader power range and rpm = listen to mc01svt!!!!!!

ill hang no problem and as speed increases so does my lead!!

Users who are viewing this thread