01 gt vs 03 cobra

03svt01gt

Established Member
So out of my friends I had the fastest car until I sold my cobra. Now my buddy took that spot with his cobra. Soooo of course I told him he can't beat my gt.:shrug: My car is a 01 gt. It is a auto with a cai, Accufab tb and plenum, Diablo box tune, Lts, o/r x-pipe, and magnaflow exhaust and will have 4.10 gears. His 03 cobra has a jlt intake and borla stingers with 315 nt05R tires. He has had the cobra for almost a year but has never taken it to the track. The gt ran 13.5 with everything except the 4.10 gears at full weight. When we race I will be taking out the rear and passenger seats. So with the addition of the 4.10s, the little weight reduction and the fact he hasn't raced it at the track before....do I stand a chance to atleast give him a scare or did I bite off more than I can chew? Race will happen once 4.10 gears are put in and I get a Friday off

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
I wouldnt even show up if I were you.

SVTPete83

Established Member
If he can drive at all you're screwed. Cobra should be high 12's easy with a decent launch

SVT DAN

Established Member
I wouldnt even show up if I were you.

:lol:

you see mike, all your shit talking will not be enough to back up the gt. i am going to shit all over your hopes and dreams of ever being king of the DMV. you had to sell cobra which is understandable. but know your place on the street bitch, in your 2V behind the cobra. take the advice from TBCobra and dont show up.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Dan needs to come race me and get his confidence shattered. Dude sounds like a dick...

03svt01gt

Established Member
Haha. He's not to bad. We talk shit to each other 24/7. However I would love to beat him just to show him its not completely impissible

03svt01gt

Established Member
Trust me if I had the extra spending money I would. I don't even know how my engine would handle that tho. 205k miles of abuse. I guess it is time that I cross my fingers and hope his launch is horrible.

Pumpkinator

U.S. Army
Established Member
Dude, if you owned a cobra why would you even ask that question in the first place? I own a Mach 1 and I know a Cobra would destroy my car (That is until next week, then I might take a stock cobra). I hardly believe that you owned a cobra if you think your 01 GT with some mild bolt-ons would beat a cobra....

Adamn

Established Member
My 1st trip to the track i spun through 1st and missed 3rd and still ran a 12.82 so he better really f-up

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
So I'm guessing you had a 99/01 cobra because if you had a terminator then this thread should not have been made at all in my opinion. Cobra wins no doubt.

Sent from straight outta Compton a Yung brotha named 5DEUCE writin on Tapatalk sippin lemon juice

03svt01gt

Established Member
Nah I had a 03. I know his car can completely destroy mine. I never questioned that. Me and him both fully agree the only thing holding the cobra back is the ole driver! (Sorry dan!) However his is getting work done now so he should be able to just shift at 3500 and still walk away. This thread pretty much started because we constantly talk trash to eachother. No doubt in my mind his car owns mine.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I say you have a chance. Should you win? No. But not everyone can run their car at the track. Infact most can't...

Users who are viewing this thread