01 Exhaust Work...Help

thump01cobra

R.I.P SVT
Established Member
Hey guys I have an 01 Cobra and this summer I'm lookin into doing an entire exhaust overhaul. I have long tube headers in mind as well as an x-pipe, either Flowmaster 40 series or Borla XR-1 racing mufflers, and custom plumbing from the cat to a side exit in front of the rear tires...I'm looking for a mean, aggressive, pissed off sound, and any advice on which brands to choose from would be nice...thanks. :shrug:

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Magnaflow has a nice side exhaust setup, even if you dont use it you could get some ideas for your side exhaust from theirs.

I've been thinking about side exh. for awhile now but if I do anything I'll follow what Kenny Brown did, that was 2.5" pipes from the mid pipe back that just made a gradual bend to the outside of the car and that's it. I would've bought it from them but they also wanted $600 for two peices of exhaust pipe with simple bends in them. Which is rediculous and part of the reason I wasnt suprised when KB closed their doors.
I do alot of OT events and my car see's less and less street time thats the only reason I would consider this exhaust. Worst case if its too loud, Ill atleast weld in some magnapacks.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Last edited:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
remember, with sideexhaust, you will have issues with Subframe connector fitment. i wanted to opt for the bassani 00R sideexhaust, but after thinking about it, i will have clearence issues with my subframe connectors.

marek

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Oh yeah, I forgot about that whole problem. Mainly, b/c I opted for Spintech full length stepped sfc's so I could run side exhaust. Think MM FLSFC's with a step to allow side exit exhaust and you'll have an idea of what the Spintechs look like.

Awesome sig marek!!! :rockon:

Anthony

thump01cobra

R.I.P SVT
Established Member
Thanks guys...There are so many crap talking kids back in my hometown with V6's loaded with an AutoZone muffler that think they are tough crap...After this job...Well I want my car doing the talkin for me...

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
My UPR O/R X pipe and Magnaflow catback sounds EVIL :fm: I get compliments all the time on how mean it sounds, I could only imagine it with some longtubes.

Users who are viewing this thread