01 Cobras?

Venom09

Established Member
The 01 cobras usually run around mid 13s at the track, but im hearing about alot of 03 MAch 1's dipping into the 12s, basically bone stock. Whats the big difference between the two cars, i thought they basically came with the same motor. Is the solid rear helping that much?

thanks

kaos

Established Member
And different cams I believe. I dynoed the same day a stock mach 1 and he got 289 hp and 317 torque. Thats helping too. You can see below what I got after my mods.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ya, they have navigator cams and 03 cobra heads...

but 317ftlbs???? arent they rated at only 320ftlbs at the motor??

-marek

kaos

Established Member
Originally posted by Mach0ne351
ya, they have navigator cams and 03 cobra heads...

but 317ftlbs???? arent they rated at only 320ftlbs at the motor??

-marek

I know the horsepower is rated at 305. It's amazing though huh? Everybody there was shocked.

Here's the link to the thread that list everybody there. His name is Jerome. He's the last name on the list.

http://216.7.161.246/fdrforum/showthread.php?t=88

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
not to mention if you can do cams on your 4 valve then you van pick all four cams up from a mach for about 400 bucks.

Mach0ne351

Established Member
how about those new FRPP 4V Cams? they are, i think, $1200 for the cam kit. any ideas on how good or are they worth it? cams would be a good idea for me later down the line..

-marek

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by Venom09
The 01 cobras usually run around mid 13s at the track, but im hearing about alot of 03 MAch 1's dipping into the 12s, basically bone stock. Whats the big difference between the two cars, i thought they basically came with the same motor. Is the solid rear helping that much?

thanks

I'll believe 12's when I see it... 5.0 did a test with a "basically stock" as you so elequintly put it, and it did a tenth of a second better than their own 13.98 time for the '01, John Coletti himself got a 13.8 out of our cars truly stock, like off the assembly line... didn't know a steeda tri-ax and 295's were OEM on mach 1's...:dw: :nonono:

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
put some DR's on the mach and it truly shines....
i ran a 12.92 w/ 291 rwhp and no gears on DR's....so i think it's safe to say a Mach could do the same, since it's a little lighter...
i've also seen a mach w/ just a tune and a cat-back make almost 315 rwhp...

RioRed4v

Established Member
they move better than the 01's because with the live axle, it makes them lighter and they can actually launch the car.

the gearing is better.

and the motor/tune is slightly different. they put out about the same HP, but torque is alot higher. basically gets the car out of the hole faster.

bobbystang

Hsssssss
Established Member
yah, if a stock mach 1 was running 12 stock it must be a sleeper out of the plant, I got a 5.0 magazine and it said i believe of a 01 bullitt 99cobra and 03 mach1 and the mach 1 wins fastest and they got it to run i believe a 13.3 i may be a tenth off so i guess they are pretty quick stock. I'd take my cobra over that mach any day just dont really like the styling of it to much.

those mach 1's are crazy fast though, i wouldnt exactly buy one just cus they can beat my car*shrugs*, i mean they look nice and all, but it doesnt really do anything for me, i enjoy having a COBRA rather then having a mach1:D

99SVTcobraVERT

all in driver and elevation. MM&FF took a yellow 01 coupe to 13.30's bone stock and later in couple issues did same with heavier silver convt. mach1 has better cams in combo with its higher compression,heads,better air intake system,and said to have better lower intake. then given its 3:55 gearing and live axle weight reduction over the IRS then why couldnt it run low 13's on street rubber and 12's on drag radials/slicks? also i havent seen one do 289 at rear most of them ive seen were 270's and one do low low 280's but NONE of them have hit 317 tq... that seems way too high. a bolt on mach1 will out run a bolt on 01 cobra every time with good drivers behind both wheels, i hate to say it but its true. the better power bands on the mach1 alone makes it better front runner not to mention the weight... oh yeah if you run up on a basically stock or even bolt on automatic have fun kicking its f*cking teeth in!

Users who are viewing this thread