01 cobra vs 98 audi s4

tnk925

Established Member
so im racing an audi s4 v6 tt stock on 10 psi awd do i have a chance or what will be the outcome?

shurur

Established Member
I've got a 1999 mustang cobra with suspension mods...and a 2002 Audi A4 3L quattro with 6 speed.

Straight line race will be close...anything else..gotta go with the Audi....car is better balanced front/rear weight distribution..and AWD.

Both have 5.4 0-60 mph times and close quarter mile times...but those are stock numbers...his audi is pumped as I think stock was 8psi and maybe chipped..ask him what he means by "stock."

Last edited:

Sny714

Established Member
Depending on how "stock" he is you might have some trouble from a stop. Unless you have sticky tires and can launch pretty well I would try to race him from a slow roll. From a roll you should be ok as long as you can drive. Im sure they dont trap 105-107mph which is where you should be around. I do think they respond well to mods though.

Trip

Seasoned Snake Charmer
Established Member
those are some slick lil Twin AWDs(in 98 they were ranked one of the fastest saloon/sedans according to wiki)......but stock you should have about 50rwhp over him, but with some expensive mods/ tuning they can make an extra 150hp easy........I say race him from a 15mph roll and then from a stop....my bet is those two races feel alot different......then maybe he will tell you the truth about what he has done to the car

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
I'm thinkin' if you run him from a roll you'll definitely win. If you run him from a stop it could be a driver's race but you should be able to get him up top with some good shifting

Sny714

Established Member
I'm thinkin' if you run him from a roll you'll definitely win. If you run him from a stop it could be a driver's race but you should be able to get him up top with some good shifting

I agree. Im very certain from a roll he would win though. All of his power is up top. From a stop He will play catch up but like you said with good shifting(and sticky tires) he should be reel him in.

Users who are viewing this thread