01 Cobra Valve Cover Bolts Rusty

ATCzMustang

Established Member
I have a 01' Cobra and the stock bolts look awful. I believe one of the previous owners lived up north and they have subsequently over the years rusted away. It's the (4) bolts above the coil covers on each side of the engine. In addition the (2) that actually hold on the coil covers are in pretty bad shape too.

2 questions:

1. Does anyone know the Ford OEM part numbers for the bolt and washer for the valve covers please?
  2. Is it safe to remove (1) bolt at a time and replace with a new one torquing to spec without compromising the valve cover gasket or anything else?

Cobra Engine Bolts.jpg

FYI - stock picture of engine - my bolts are worse than what's in that picture ;-)

Thank you

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'm not sure of the part number. You might want to hit up Tasca. You'll be fine doing the one at a time method. Why not look into something nicer? I'm going to replace mine with stainless.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Yeah I am planning on pulling my valve covers and getting them powder coated so I am looking into new bolts as well do we have any nice options out there for aftermarket hardware?

ATCzMustang

Established Member
I found this site which has an array of upgraded bolts and colors available:
http://www.proweldperformanceparts.com/id173.html

Might be a bit pricey for what I'm looking for - I'd still like to know the Ford OEM part numbers if possible to price check. When I went to the site I had a hard time finding the bolt part number, so if anyone can help that would be great.

Users who are viewing this thread