01 Cobra Turbo Build - Initial Numbers!!!

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
Well guys,

I finally got her on the dyno but it seemed like it was burning a little oil. My tuner wanted to be safe so he gave me a very conservative tune. I'm going to drive it another week and take it back and hopefully by then, the rings will have seated properly. He didn't print out the timing or A/F ratio so all I got are boost numbers and HP/TQ. And I let my GF have my scanner so you'll just have to take my word for it for now :beer:

Oh, and the tune he gave me is set for the highest boost so the lower boost numbers aren't optimal. He did this so I don't have to worry about switching back and forth between tunes...

7.5 lbs --> 424rwhp / 462rwtq

10 lbs --> 491rwhp / 512rwtq

13.5 lbs --> 566rwhp / 573rwtq

Sorry I don't have all the rest of the info, I have to work late all week so I wasn't even there when they dynoed it :cryying:

I'll scan these printouts at work tomorrow and have some final numbers next week.

Link for Turbo Build

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/528713-01-cobra-turbo-build-lots-pics.html

All comments are welcome :beer:

Last edited:

Tremor

NO MERCY
Well guys,

I finally got her on the dyno but it seemed like it was burning a little oil. My tuner wanted to be safe so he gave me a very conservative tune. I'm going to drive it another week and take it back and hopefully by then, the rings will have seated properly. He didn't print out the timing or A/F ratio so all I got are boost numbers and HP/TQ. And I let my GF have my scanner so you'll just have to take my word for it for now :beer:

Oh, and the tune he gave me is set for the highest boost so the lower boost numbers aren't optimal. He did this so I don't have to worry about switching back and forth between tunes...

Sorry I don't have all the rest of the info, I have to work late all week so I wasn't even there when they dynoed it :cryying:

I'll scan these printouts at work tomorrow and have some final numbers next week.

:beer:

Sick Numbers :rockon:

Take her to the track for us :beer:

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
Well guys,

Link for Turbo Build

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/pics-videos-buffet-149/528713-01-cobra-turbo-build-lots-pics.html

All comments are welcome :beer:

sick car bro! did travis o the tuning for ya?

killspray

The Killstroyer
Established Member
sick car bro! did travis o the tuning for ya?

yep, he was messing with it all day yesterday...

This turbo feels SOOOO different than nitrous! I love the instant hit with the 150 shot but feeling that boost kick in and feeling it just pull harder and harder is pretty sweet too!

Crap that just reminds me... I left the dyno sheets out in my car.... I'll go back and get them :kaboom:

SUPERSEXY32V

people know me
Established Member
yep, he was messing with it all day yesterday...

This turbo feels SOOOO different than nitrous! I love the instant hit with the 150 shot but feeling that boost kick in and feeling it just pull harder and harder is pretty sweet too!

Crap that just reminds me... I left the dyno sheets out in my car.... I'll go back and get them :kaboom:

are you in fort worth? we need to meet up sometime

Users who are viewing this thread