01 cobra question

Arrius

Established Member
my clutch pedal is making a very distinct rattling noise while im driving like the pedal is loose or something i dont think it is the clutch itself just the pedal, because when i hear the noise i can rest my foot on the pedal and the noise goes away. what do you guys think could be causing this? a loose bolt maybe?

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
is it a squeaking kind of noise comming from underneath your car? if so, it's probably your throwout bearing. if it's definitely a noise from inside check the nut that holds your clutch pedal arm onto the post.

Last edited:

Arrius

Established Member
here is the only way i can describe it...you know when you take a playing card and put it on your bicycle on the tire and when your goin the card flaps on the spokes that noise is what it sounds like

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
huh, i guess at least try tightening the clutch pedal arm. that will eliminate that if it is tight. hopefully someone else will chime in with a suggestions too.

Ellik

Established Member
Arrius, I have the EXACT same thing. Its the TOB. or at least I really hope so, I used it as a reason to convince my wife I need to do a T-56 swap. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread