01 cobra intake vs Sullivan

BERT306

Established Member
Im sure there is a thread about this but i couldn't find it. but im trying to figure out what intake would be better to go with and if anyone is making big power on 01 intakes with a twin turbo setup! thanks guys for the info!

Ironhand

Banned
Yes there are plenty of cars making big power with the 01 intake. The only thing I remember about the comparison was that the 01 intake made more power down lower but gave some up on the higher rev range. But with the sully all you had to do was up the boost by 1 psi and it would give you back that lower end and end up making alot up top. I want to say the number was over 50 rwhp but I dont want to give you false information. It was in a MM&FF issue.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Yeah, I didn't bother doing a search, but I remember a thread done awhile back...Fast Fords & Mustangs did an article comparing intakes on a turbo application and the 01 made more power in the mid range, but the Sullivan shined up top for more peak power.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
The sullivan didn't pull away til 6500 rpm. So if you are shifting at 7k, it's probably not worth anything but a peak hp number.

mmfp_0712_14_z+dyno_testing_modular_motor_intakes+sullivan_intake_dyno.jpg

BERT306

Established Member
01 intake vs sullivan

Thanks guys for all the help! prob just go with 01 intake prob be shifting around 6500 anyway...thanks again everyone

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
The sullivan didn't pull away til 6500 rpm. So if you are shifting at 7k, it's probably not worth anything but a peak hp number.

mmfp_0712_14_z+dyno_testing_modular_motor_intakes+sullivan_intake_dyno.jpg

I know this is a bit old but I am currently in the 01 Cobra or Sullivan boat. I love the power under the curve on the 01 Cobra intake graph but the question is...Will porting the intake to fit a SBTB help get that 6,500+RPM out of it? Are there other areas in the intake that could be ported to help? Maybe shorten the runners a bit?

jumperjack

Established Member
Go with the 01 intake. If you are shifting at 6500 it would just be a waste of money to get the Sullivan. You can get an 01 intake and have it ported for 300 less than the Sullivan. P.M. me and I can give you some more info on it.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Thank you for the info, I made up my mind yesterday and went for the 01 Cobra intake. Is there much differance in a ported to non-ported 01 Cobra intake. I have a SBTB from off my Kenn Bell but I am not sure if its worth porting the Cobra intake to fit it.

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Thank you for the info, I made up my mind yesterday and went for the 01 Cobra intake. Is there much differance in a ported to non-ported 01 Cobra intake. I have a SBTB from off my Kenn Bell but I am not sure if its worth porting the Cobra intake to fit it.

I think I would at least open up the inlet so there isn't a big hunk of aluminum in the middle of your TB opening.

Users who are viewing this thread