01 Bullitt's Throwout bearing making noise, So new clutch time lol

gonebrokeracing

Established Member
I replaced everything about 4 years ago with a Exedy, Stock cobra spec and a Ford OEM throwout bearing.
It started chirping awhile back, I just put a turn on the firewall adj and it went away.
But now over the last few weeks, when I turn the engine off with the clutch out I get a quick jingling sound and with the clutch pushed in I get nothing. Also I hear a sandy/scrapy sound when i'm driving close to barriers and walls. I'm almost sure its the Throwout Bearing.

Now I'm not sure if I should put a clutch in it while there ????
I'd like to just put a Ford Clutch because it comes with the FMS Throwout bearing.
But I want to keep a soft pedal and its basically all stock.
Just 3.73gears and bolts-ons
Clutch is 11" x 1/16" 10spline 6 bolt crank

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I’ve been running the Exedy stage 2 with the Ford Racing t/o bearing for I want to say 4 years now on my 01 Bullitt pushing 509/518. Pedal is like stock with no issues. I would assume you are right with the bearing being toast, unless you fragged a spring in the pressure plate. Curious to see what happens.

BMAC96GT

Established Member
It does sound like the throwout bearing. Since you'll have everything apart I would go ahead and pull the clutch and see what it looks like. If it needs to be replaced, Valeo makes a good cheap stock replacement clutch for our cars that works great

Users who are viewing this thread