01 Bullitt

BlackStang00

Established Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I need your guys opinion. I’m not really in the market for another vehicle but I stumbled across a bullitt. The guy wants 6k for it, but it has a rebuilt title. The guy told me it was in a flood and you can see where the water came up to. Other than that it needs a new battery and interior pieces. I know it’s not a mach or terminator but do you think it would be worth picking up, assuming he’ll take like 2k for it? I’m not afraid to walk away from it, I just thought I’d ask since it’s a bullitt.

2001 Mustang GT Bullitt 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle...

And yes I realize it needs work and maybe has some issues since it was flooded. Be gentle lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
In this market anytime you can get a car for 2k that’s running and not a rust bucket wouldn’t be a bad deal.

BlackStang00

Established Member
True but do you think this would be more trouble than it’s worth? If it was a mach or terminator or even a saleen I’d jump on it for around what he’s asking.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
2043FCA7-CC71-4D79-9467-FC030E1F0B3E.jpeg

F75F9FD9-B2FA-42A9-AF98-905D9EF462AC.jpeg

Unless it's been "rebuilt" since this pic, nope.

cobracide

Established Member
Agreed, $2k to throw away - but also notice the title is "rebuild" so it's basically a salvage title that lives with the car for the rest of it's life. No one is ever going to pull off "perfect" with that hanging.
Pics in the link.

BlackStang00

Established Member
In the picture you can see where it’s dirty until about the bottom of the door speaker grille. That’s how high the water was. Supposedly that’s why the insurance company totalled it. And you can tell by the interior and the dusty crap on the aluminum parts under the hood it’s been sitting.

I’ve been going back and forth with him about it just to see what he lets slip. Yeah the ad sucks. And it’s a shame this thing has gotten to this point. So you guys think it’s a hard pass? I’m open to a project but the flood part has me worried about what electronics may have been affected and if anything was repaired. I’ll keep going back and forth and let you guys know what he says.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You'd be rolling the dice if even if you were able to get it for $2K. You don't know what, if anything, is going to pop up and rear its ugly head. I'd be especially concerned about electronics. The whole system. You "might" end up having to strip down the car and replace all the wiring and electronics. That's a worse case scenario, but it could happen.

Have you discussed any price reduction with him yet? It is not unlikely that we won't accept a $2K offer.

If it was me, I'd pass. It's not worth the risk and potential hassles IMO.

BlackStang00

Established Member
I’m not sure what type of water I’ll ask. I haven’t talked price just yet but told him straight up it’s not worth 6k with the rebuilt title and all that damage. He still told me to shoot him an offer so he must be desperate. I’ll see what he says but I’m not holding my breath.

BlackStang00

Established Member
Spoke to the guy some more, it was fresh water fwiw. Also he said 5k is his bottom dollar. I told him straight up it isn’t worth it as nicely as I could, balls in his court. I’m sure some dumbass will pick it up for what he’s asking too. It’s sad because I looked it up earlier and there were only like 700 of that color made.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
OP, which # Bullitt is it?

Barely $2-3k in Bullitt parts there. Rockers, mudflaps, shift ball, intake, grille, gauge cluster, c-pillar panel, quarter window glass...

IMHO, '01 Bullitt's will never bring decent money, regardless of color. Cobras and Mach's rule the New Edges.

BlackStang00

Established Member
No clue on what number. The sticker on the drivers side shock tower is illegible.

And I agree it’s not worth it, that’s exactly what I told him. It’s not a mach or cobra and isn’t worth much. Supposedly this guy has 2 more and will hang onto it if he can’t get at least 5. I’m like good luck getting near that. Sad part is I bet some dumbass will pay that for it too.

josephcostello

Established Member
No clue on what number. The sticker on the drivers side shock tower is illegible.

And I agree it’s not worth it, that’s exactly what I told him. It’s not a mach or cobra and isn’t worth much. Supposedly this guy has 2 more and will hang onto it if he can’t get at least 5. I’m like good luck getting near that. Sad part is I bet some dumbass will pay that for it too.

The only way I see making that car right is completely gutting it from the water line down and going with fresh components. At 2k, and lets call it 3k worth of parts. You'd be 5k into a car that wouldn't be much more than 7k, not including your time. I hope it does get put back on the road though and not parted.

BlackStang00

Established Member
The only way I see making that car right is completely gutting it from the water line down and going with fresh components. At 2k, and lets call it 3k worth of parts. You'd be 5k into a car that wouldn't be much more than 7k, not including your time. I hope it does get put back on the road though and not parted.

After talking to him I bet he’d part it out before selling it to someone who actually wants to restore it. He’s a weasel.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

For your future reference:
There's another hologram sticker, exactly like the one on the shock tower, under the rear seat. Just remove the cushion. It's on the floor pan.

You'll find a good deal down the road.

BlackStang00

Established Member
For your future reference:
There's another hologram sticker, exactly like the one on the shock tower, under the rear seat. Just remove the cushion. It's on the floor pan.

You'll find a good deal down the road.

Appreciate the tip. I never went to see it in person, it’s too far for me to screw around. I’m not dead set on anything but I do want another new edge. I had an 02 gt for 5 years before I sold it to a friend for cheap because I got tired of it. I regret selling it.

Users who are viewing this thread