00R style Brembo's

MacsNVH

Established Member
I have a set of Brembo's similar to the 00R, rebuilt and powder coated red. Had to do some minor mods to make them work, grind 1 mm off inside for the rotor and machine the flex line mounting flat to accept banjo bolt mounting of flex line. Also had to use a very thin spacer between the caliper and mounting ears to center over the rotor, about 1mm (and I'll include those, easily had at Home Depot). Banjo bolt may have to be shortened depending on the flex lines used (NAPA brand are too long with stainless flex lines I had). Cosmetically they look a bit different than the 00R's but the big difference is that they have 38/42 mm pistons instead of the smaller 36/40 mm's used by the 00R. Should provide even better stopping power. All threads are exactly the same as 00R for banjo and mounting bolts.
As for wheels, same caveats as for the 00R calipers, 17 inch that clear Brembo's. Should include most of the Cobra wheels as well as FR500's. They are dimensionally the same as the 00R's. Only wheel I had on hand was the 03 Cobra 17 inch and it was fine. Bolted everything up with Hawk HPS 00R pads and Cobra 13 inch rotors and all is good. Winter weather prevented a full test plus I don't want to tear into my stock crusty brake lines with 160k miles on them until ready to do a swap and possibly have to bend new hard lines :(

Looking for $675 shipped plus paypal fees.

Also have a set of Focus RS Brembo's that I'm cleaning up. From what I can see so far they have some paint scrapes and scuffing, functionally sound.

Email maciejmiarczynski at gmail.com if interested.

Thanks

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Those look like Viper calipers. Apparently they can be made to work if you want to "tweak" them!

MacsNVH

Established Member
Those look like Viper calipers. Apparently they can be made to work if you want to "tweak" them!

I'm pretty sure they aren't the same as the Viper calipers, I thought those had different spacing between mounting holes? They are the same type of caliper, but the spacing is exactly the same, 130mm. Same caliper type and pad (D592 I believe). As I said, they only needed a little clearing due to those little claws at the end being longer than the 00R's and a very thin spacer/washer to center them on the Cobra 13 inch rotors.
If they don't sell in a month or so I'll probably end up using them myself, just need to sort wheels as I only have 2 '03 Cobra wheels right now and that would look silly with those on the front (275) and stock 16's (245) on the back ;-)

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I'm pretty sure they aren't the same as the Viper calipers, I thought those had different spacing between mounting holes? They are the same type of caliper, but the spacing is exactly the same, 130mm. Same caliper type and pad (D592 I believe). As I said, they only needed a little clearing due to those little claws at the end being longer than the 00R's and a very thin spacer/washer to center them on the Cobra 13 inch rotors.
If they don't sell in a month or so I'll probably end up using them myself, just need to sort wheels as I only have 2 '03 Cobra wheels right now and that would look silly with those on the front (275) and stock 16's (245) on the back ;-)

Yeah, you are correct - I forgot about that mounting distance being different. I just looked at the back and then got sidetracked...

The D592 FMSI outline is familiar, but I didn't cross-reference that pad to see what other specific calipers use it, so there could be several variations on the caliper body that brought on the need for tweaks. There is some info on the "Family E" caliper in the following thread, so that could help.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...72-00r-calipers-same-some-viper-calipers.html

MacsNVH

Established Member
And just to be clear, price is for the calipers only. Planning to use the rotors/pads myself on another set I have.

bump

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread