'00 R Exhaust

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Anybody know if the X pipe on the 5.4 is the same as the 4.6.

I would like to install a performance X pipe with high flow cats.

Kevin, your article in "Venom" mentioned you had "Bassani Performance Exhaust" What exactly do you have?

Thanks!!

kevin

it's the after market exhaust. larger pipe, larger cats (two, not four), freer flowing mufflers. a bit louder, less back pressure, about 35-40 more lbs/hp at the rear.

i'm very happy with the additional acceleration. it's noticable.

i think about $1200 b4 install.

Andy M

Established Member
Originally posted by Terry Moenich
Anybody know if the X pipe on the 5.4 is the same as the 4.6.

I would like to install a performance X pipe with high flow cats.

Kevin, your article in "Venom" mentioned you had "Bassani Performance Exhaust" What exactly do you have?

Thanks!!
Terry,

I saw and heard Joe J's car in Houston on Monday...and he has the entire Bassini exhaust (including the hiflow CATs) on his '00 R....and it sounds GREAT! Although it is a little louder and throatier than the stock system, it is not too loud for street use IMHO.

His car also has the 4 position switch chip installed and the car has been dyno'd with 37 extra HP at the rear wheels! I think 382 HP and 395 torque at the rear wheels!!! :D

I am due to take delivery of my R today or tomorrow and plan on doing these two upgrades as soon as possible!

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Called Bassani the first guy I spoke with didn't know about it. finally he asked someone else, I have it ordered.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Called Bassani the first guy I spoke with didn't know about it. finally he asked someone else, I have it ordered.

Did you go with cats or off road pipes?

Andy M

Established Member
ok Terry,

here are the part numbers for the Bassini exhaust system... this is the street version Xpipe with hiflow CATs, as well as the catback system.

Bassani X-Pipe (part #2KCR-3)
Bassani Cat-back (part #2KCR-420)

I bought the R today from my friend and will be going over to Houston Performance to install the Bassini exhaust on Friday morning. They have it all in stock and will charge me $175.00 for install.

Terry Moenich

Established Member
Does the bassani cat-back flow much better than the Borla the car came with? What do the pipes look like, do they exit in the same spot?

Cobra-R

Established Member
Does the bassani cat-back flow much better than the Borla the car came with? What do the pipes look like, do they exit in the same spot?

Terry,
I suspect that most of the gain is due to the high flow cats, but really can't say based on any fact. As far as I know, no one has just changed the cats and left the borla on.

Yes, the pipes exit the same spot as stock, very high quality system. :)

Andy M

Established Member
Holy Cow! Its loud!

I had the Bassini exhaust system installed on the R today and man, it sounds GREAT!! Quite a bit louder than the stock Borlas. Of course, we now have the hiflow CATs AND the hiflow catback exhaust!

It sounds incredible and looks great! The side exit tips are larger and are polished stainless steel!!

Total cost installed was right at $1200.00.

I will post pics later of the install...

Users who are viewing this thread