“2021 was so bad, I can’t wait for 2022.”

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Oh, I get it.

It seems that you didn’t get my response.

First, preparing for times ahead is so simple a caveman could do it.

Second, you need to prepare to live as a caveman, primitively.

You're concerned about cyber attacks, yet you are preparing by having your your fridges on GFI's? How's that supposed to work?

If I misunderstood what you meant by GDFI's, please explain.

Solar, with battery backup, or a diesel/gas generator, and a means of severing from the grid, is the prominent way to keep the fridges running when the grid goes down.
If you need to rely on any petrol generator your waisting time and money. Sure, it's nice to have a small unit in hope you dont need to use it. One cant take for granted that fuel will be available or affordable.
SOLAR, is really the best alternative. For most dwellings. Most don't realize the refrigerator is the easiest hurdle to jump. There are multiple units available that work off of LP gas alone no electricity also Kerosene. Units are referred to as absorption diffusion refrigerator.

They are extremely efficient and cool and freeze like a normal fridge. I don't know how the get the light to work inside, but it does. This technology is 90 years old.

9397SVTs

Established Member
Premium Member
If you need to rely on any petrol generator your waisting time and money. Sure, it's nice to have a small unit in hope you dont need to use it. One cant take for granted that fuel will be available or affordable.
SOLAR, is really the best alternative. For most dwellings. Most don't realize the refrigerator is the easiest hurdle to jump. There are multiple units available that work off of LP gas alone no electricity also Kerosene. Units are referred to as absorption diffusion refrigerator.

They are extremely efficient and cool and freeze like a normal fridge. I don't know how the get the light to work inside, but it does. This technology is 90 years old.

I have solar.

Reaper14

Established Member
Yeah I did get a dual fuel one for that reason. You are correct though, solar is the way to go when it comes to independence. I been looking into it a bit as well but any recommendations are welcome. Things just got a little difficult money wise & my prepping was cut short. Im no prepper by any means being I dont know how to hunt or prep said hunted meals. I just recently started to ammount water, food & ammo & reading survival material.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member

Thing many don't realize is that many systems due to state/utility regulations are required to be grid-tied so if the grid goes down the inverter shuts off for utility safety (both for the workers and on large scale stuff so when the grid comes back on the system is in phase with the grid cause that could be real bad). Can work around this with even small storage with something like a Powerwall, I think 8 series Enphase stuff is going to support islanding as well and a storage option (at least that what the pre-release stuff says). But depending on the state you need at least small storage to keep the inverters (string or micro) working when the grid is down. Plus you know, night time. Same way you need a ATS or main breaker interlock for a generator if you're not a nut.

The refrigeration video is a cool one (no pun), saw that in a thermodynamics class, an attention getter to start a lecture (Thanks Prof Meigan Aronson!).

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I dont know how to hunt or prep said hunted meals.

Assuming you can shoot worth half a shit and are willing to kill an animal you'll figure it out when you need to. Lots of men nowadays don't even have it in them to kill an animal to feed themselves or their families.

Cutting into an animal's dead body is another task most modern men haven't done but getting over the "repulsiveness" of it is most of the battle. Assuming you ever had a science class, you'll see organs, bones and muscle and then it's just being decent with a knife to get the muscle cutaway from the carcass.

Anyway, the best meat off deer are the tenderloins along the spine and rear leg muscles and the heart is fine to eat. Breast meat is the best off of birds. If you really have no other options, boiling the meat until cooked thru will make it safe to eat.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Assuming you can shoot worth half a shit and are willing to kill an animal you'll figure it out when you need to. Lots of men nowadays don't even have it in them to kill an animal to feed themselves or their families.

Cutting into an animal's dead body is another task most modern men haven't done but getting over the "repulsiveness" of it is most of the battle. Assuming you ever had a science class, you'll see organs, bones and muscle and then it's just being decent with a knife to get the muscle cutaway from the carcass.

Anyway, the best meat off deer are the tenderloins along the spine and rear leg muscles and the heart is fine to eat. Breast meat is the best off of birds. If you really have no other options, boiling the meat until cooked thru will make it safe to eat.

Every time I buy meat at the local farm they save a heart for me

Gamey. And tough, but tastes good and is insanely good for you

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Screenshot_20220401-193723~2.png

Screenshot_20220401-193740~2.png

Reaper14

Established Member
I can shoot pretty good with a handgun just never tried long range. I worked at a beef slaughter house for many years & the 1st was in the cut floor. Im sure I can cut up a few animals if needed. Thanks for the info on the deer parts.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I can shoot pretty good with a handgun just never tried long range. I worked at a beef slaughter house for many years & the 1st was in the cut floor. Im sure I can cut up a few animals if needed. Thanks for the info on the deer parts.

No problem. But ya, get to the range with a rifle when you get a chance.

Idk what you have for guns but the 5.56/.223 isn't legal for deer hunting in some states. It is adequate for well placed shots, using appropriate bullets, but doesn't leave a lot of margin for error. Many old timers consider a .243 Remington as the minimum acceptable caliber.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

Trucking stocks trade like a freight recession is already here

DSKE -0.96%Apr. 04, 2022 11:55 AM ET
FreightWaves CEO Craig Fuller warned late in March that another trucking bloodbath is coming with analysis that continues to attract attention.
"Inflation that began in 2020, combined with the surge in fuel prices related to increased inflation and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, have made consumers move to the sidelines," he warned.
FreightWave analysts conducted channel and data checks which confirmed that spot rates and volume are falling fast.
Digging into the data, the publication noted that tender rejections are the best indicator into real-time supply/demand in the truckload sector. The rejection rate with carriers has plunged to 13.9% from 18.7% at the beginning of March, meaning trucking companies have fewer options in freight to pick from.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
More freight stacked and waiting at East coast ports than West coast ports now

And this. The ****ery continues.

Supply chain on watch as Shanghai lockdown grows in severity

FXI -1.50%Apr. 08, 2022 5:23 AM ET11 Comments
What was supposed to be a staggered nine-day lockdown in Shanghai is morphing into something bigger, with a record of 20K daily new coronavirus cases reported in China's largest city on Thursday. The restrictions have since grown in severity and have been extended to the entire city. There are even reports of food and healthcare shortages, price gouging and parents being forced to separate from their children.
Quote: "Basically everything else is not moving but is being diverted away from Shanghai to other parts of China," said Mads Ravn, global head of air freight procurement at transport and logistics giant DSV. "It's affecting every commodity you can think of and will have a global effect on almost every trade."
Mainland bottlenecks can eventually result in ocean shipping delays due to the buildup in orders and goods. As the virus spreads to more cities and provinces, alternate shipping channels may also be disrupted by lockdown measures, further weighing on the global supply chain. While China has conducted zero-COVID lockdowns before, they have never been on this scale, hitting important manufacturing, financial and logistical regions all at once. Note that 88% of the country's 1.4B population have been fully vaccinated with jabs from providers like Sinovac (NASDAQ:SVA) and Sinopharm (OTCPK:SHTDY), according to the National Health Commission of the PRC.
Analyst commentary: "The COVID situation in China has deteriorated at an alarming pace, but abandoning zero-COVID now could be perceived as conceding that the strategy did not work in the first place," Ting Lu, chief China economist at Nomura, said before the Shanghai lockdown began last month. "With the much worsening pandemic and Beijing's resolution in maintaining its [zero-COVID strategy], we believe China's 'around 5.5%' GDP growth target this year is becoming increasingly unrealistic." Nomura now estimates that 23 cities and nearly 200M people are under full or partial lockdown across China.

Users who are viewing this thread