‘22 order upcoming let’s talk new color choices

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Getting ready to put in a 2022 GT500 order in as soon as the banks open.
I’m familiar with the 500’s options while still hoping we get at least a few cool last year updates/new options.
The biggest decision will still be color.
I’m liking the 2 new hot button colors, namely Oil Slick Blue Purple and Eruption Green.
Does anyone have any new pics of these actually on a Mustang since they were announced early August?
Tri-coat Cyber Orange, Code Red/Orange and a few other new options are interesting too.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed. Those color sample ‘car blocks’ look great, but I’d like to see them on a Mustang.
-J

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
Quite a few eruption green bronco photos out there…. Think this will be the my22 star. I don’t think osbp is going to be a mystic as some hope it to be.
1631337590508.jpeg

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Eruption Green would be my choice with white stripes. I prefer white stripes since it makes a car brighter, but black would look meaner. 1 year only color and other than Bullitt, Ford rarely goes with green.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Curious as to how much ADM you're willing to pay,
.........................or do you know a guy ??
Haha I know a few guys. I have/had a few local options at MSRP but to be honest I trust @13COBRA here most. So it’ll be an SVTP transaction. I am hoping to use my connections to see the car at the plant and take my dad with me to Flat Rock. I missed seeing my ‘14 at Flat Rock because my son was born the same week it was built.
-J

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Haha I know a few guys. I have/had a few local options at MSRP but to be honest I trust @13COBRA here most. So it’ll be an SVTP transaction. I am hoping to use my connections to see the car at the plant and take my dad with me to Flat Rock. I missed seeing my ‘14 at Flat Rock because my son was born the same week it was built.
-J
Getting ready to put in a 2022 GT500 order in as soon as the banks open.
I’m familiar with the 500’s options while still hoping we get at least a few cool last year updates/new options.
The biggest decision will still be color.
I’m liking the 2 new hot button colors, namely Oil Slick Blue Purple and Eruption Green.
Does anyone have any new pics of these actually on a Mustang since they were announced early August?
Tri-coat Cyber Orange, Code Red/Orange and a few other new options are interesting too.
-J

Looks like we'll be ordering similar cars. I have a verbal agreement on a car with a 5K ADM but the dealership in question only gets 1 car per year. The dealership in VA where I got my '14 was bought out by a group plus that's a long way from CO. Another local dealership has a used 1200-mile 2020 for 20K over the original sticker and the sales person stopped responding to a request to order at MSRP. They offered me at MSRP for a GT350 or Raptor years ago but the chip shortage has them asking crackhead prices now.

If not for the ADM I'd strongly consider the CFHP and just swapping the wheels off for non track event duties.

Breitling

Established Member
Besides the paint color changes, is there any information on other changes for the '22 model? Just curious if there will be a power bump, new options, minor design changes, etc?

snakecharmer

Established Member
I think that Green with black stripes would be tits. I'd love to have one in that combo, but sadly finding one for MSRP is impossible. I will not pay over.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I’d love another interior accent color other than white/light grey.
Another wheel design or color?
Different caliper color?
I’ll still be happy with the ‘22 unchanged but even a few changes would be nice.
-J

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
As dealerships continue to have difficulty getting new cars, ADMs are going to be interesting from now through 2022. My local dealership said that more and more dealerships are foregoing MSRP and are instead going to slap on ADMs. And used cars continue to rise. Sucks!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Any luck seeing the new for ‘22 colors in the wild?
My dad’s ‘67 GT500 is Lime Gold so I’m thinking of going Eruption Green.
-J

Attachments

• B824DC2A-13DA-4FD9-A188-888A1E6FD491.jpeg
    B824DC2A-13DA-4FD9-A188-888A1E6FD491.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 114

eagle eye

Established Member
Any luck seeing the new for ‘22 colors in the wild?
My dad’s ‘67 GT500 is Lime Gold so I’m thinking of going Eruption Green.
-J
Eruption Green would look fantastic on `a 22 gt500
Very reminiscent of the Dark Green Metallic on the `68 gt500s that I fell in love with as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread