‘16 GT Premium- New Owner

ASAP_Brando13

Recently purchased my first Mustang, and obviously going with the 5.0 was a no-brainer. I have little experience working on cars but I do know the difference between a turbo and supercharger, so for reference I’m at that knowledge level.

I’d appreciate any tips or tricks that you guys might have to get the most out my car! Of course I wanna throw a huge supercharger on it and set my neighbors car alarm off every morning when I go to work, but that’s not quite in the budget. I’m more interested in learning how to take care of the maintenance on the car myself and any interior upgrade suggestions (I know I have the premium package but like: brighter accent lights, cooler screen functions, etc.)

Car came with a Corsa Closed Box Cold Air Intake and some level of Corse Exhaust kit (Definitely more than tips, not sure if it’s axel, cat, x/h). Also not sure if it has a tune or not but thinking not. Recommendations??

Thanks for your input! I’m very proud to part of the 5.0 fam
IMG_1894.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats! Beautiful car. You’ll love it.

An auto 5.0 with boost is a deadly combo.

It’s only money!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ASAP_Brando13

Congrats! Beautiful car. You’ll love it.

An auto 5.0 with boost is a deadly combo.

It’s only money!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

The very first thing I need to do is get it on a dyno and get it tuned real tight.

The car runs really nice as it is but I bought it from a dealership and other than their checks, the Carfax, and a couple mechanic buddies looking at it first and saying it looked clean, I don’t have any info on what’s been done to it.

I know the dealer has to disclose info like that, but it was from a Dodge Ram fiat dealership and they listed it and sold it to me as a standard GT and it’s only got 11,100 miles on it. I didn’t know anything about the aftermarkets until we opened the hood before the test drive and I said that’s not stock lol. Then I started it and said that’s really not stock

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

cbr repsol

Established Member
Congrats on the car!
Since you own a 16 You can run "Department of boost" supercharger kit. It basically makes it so you can bolt on a gt500 m122 blower on your car. All for about 4k so its a great alternative to buying a kit from a manufacturer since its more costly.

Users who are viewing this thread