‘03 Cobra Engine Build For 800-1000 hp

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Since it's all apart some billet oil pump gears are a good idea. Have your heads checked. These cars are notorious for dropping exhaust seats.
Billet chain guides are a good idea.

03_Zinc_Termi

Established Member
Since it's all apart some billet oil pump gears are a good idea. Have your heads checked. These cars are notorious for dropping exhaust seats.
Billet chain guides are a good idea.

Heads are being machined/rebuilt and Im still waiting on the block to be finished. Heres what I currently have ready to go in.

-Diamond Pistons (.20 over)
-Diamond/Total Seal Rings
-H-13 Tool Steel Wrist Pins
-ARP 2000 Head Studs (Hex)
-ARP Main Stud Kit
-ARP Main Side Bolts
-Clevite H Series Main Bearings
-Clevite H Series Rod Bearings
-Ford Racing Timing Assembly Kit
-Comp Cam Billet Adjustable Primary Gears
-MHS Billet Adjustable Secondary gears
-MMR HD Secondary Chains
-MMR Head Cooling Mod
-9 Thread DB Heads
-TSS Billet Oil Pump Gears
-Ford Racing High Volume Oil Pump
-Ford OEM Cobra Lifters (x32)

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
LIke its been said, unless you have a built motor with a good amount cubic inches, heads cams, little more compression, then yea you can run the 2.9 on pump. If not, don't waste your time with the 2.9 unless you run big boost, e85 or race gas.

Back in the day people were buying the 2.2 kenne bells and running 15lbs of boost. made 570rwhp. Then got butt hurt when a ported eaton with a upper lower pulley with less power stayed side by side with them. Iv seen it. lol.a big blower on low boost? Don't get fooled by the peak hp. Pick the size of your blower accordingly to your build.

mach1033

Established Member
I have a boss 5.0 with 9 to 1 compression, diamond coated pistons, ported heads, custom set of cams, full 3 inch exhaust system and 3 gt pumps 3 FPDMS Fore rails and ID 1050. at 20lbs of boost on pump 93 with boostane it hit right at 700rwhp and 640rwtq. sounds low? yes it is because the the tuner had to tune around the fact that the fuel system isn't up to task. going with a return style. should hit 750+ to the tire on pump 93 with boostane. I would like to add this was on a loaded mustang dyno.

03_Zinc_Termi

Established Member
I have a boss 5.0 with 9 to 1 compression, diamond coated pistons, ported heads, custom set of cams, full 3 inch exhaust system and 3 gt pumps 3 FPDMS Fore rails and ID 1050. at 20lbs of boost on pump 93 with boostane it hit right at 700rwhp and 640rwtq. sounds low? yes it is because the the tuner had to tune around the fact that the fuel system isn't up to task. going with a return style. should hit 750+ to the tire on pump 93 with boostane. I would like to add this was on a loaded mustang dyno.

Damn! That’s impressive!

03_Zinc_Termi

Established Member
LIke its been said, unless you have a built motor with a good amount cubic inches, heads cams, little more compression, then yea you can run the 2.9 on pump. If not, don't waste your time with the 2.9 unless you run big boost, e85 or race gas.

Back in the day people were buying the 2.2 kenne bells and running 15lbs of boost. made 570rwhp. Then got butt hurt when a ported eaton with a upper lower pulley with less power stayed side by side with them. Iv seen it. lol.a big blower on low boost? Don't get fooled by the peak hp. Pick the size of your blower accordingly to your build.

Yeah Im gonna go with the TVS more than likely. I do wish I had gone with a little higher compression but I guess it is what it is. Can always start up another block on the side I suppose haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread