¿Saleen FoCuS?

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

C:\Socuments and Dettings
Established Member
Just curious if anyone knows much about these. Furthermore, if anyone has actually seen one. I know because of legal ramifications they cant sell it with the NoS kit hooked up LOL. They claim 225HP with the NoS in use and only 150HP with the regular use of the motor. Does anyone know anything about how the exhaust, brakes, shifter, suspension compares with our SVTF's??

Switchblade550

Established Member
In my opinion they are a HUGE waste of money. They have some suspension tweaks I'm not sure of what exactly but I couldn't imagine it being more than the SVTF. The brakes are a joke it retains rear drum brakes with NO ABS! I read an article in some sport compact mag and they said every tester had trouble not locking it up during hard braking. The body kit is way too over the top with a huge ineffective spoiler that I think looks stupid. Over all it has maybe 5 more torque than an SVT and 20hp less however that is the least of its flaws. The topper on the cake is that my local dealer had one with a sticker price of $26K!! Huge waste of money to me and there is a lot of debate on whether or not hooking up the nitrious will void your factory warranty which I've heard it will but others say not. Overall not nearly enough car for the money.

Anaxagoras1986

Established Member
I think I have to agree with everyone. I have seen a few pics and it is pretty ugly. One of the many nice thngs about the SVTF is that it has, in my opinion, subtle looks. It looks different and special, but not riced out.

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
Yeah that rear (not even a wing more like two pieces of some material slapped together) looks retarded. Reminds me of that stupid thing wobbling on the back of ION redlines.

SVTFsOnIcBlUe

Established Member
You know I like the way the exhaust looks. How its in the middle with thoughs two pipes. Thats about all I like about it. I also wonder if their horsepower and torgue ratings with the nitrous in use are a little fudged. Since its not a legal thing( the nitrous, to sell hooked up to the car) I dont think they had to conform to any specific precise way of measuring it.

HTPerformance

I emailed them about some of the parts they have on it. They have 4 piston calipers on their 12" front brakes. Also inquired about the suspension parts and specs. Lets see how it stacks up to the SVT stock components.

What was interesting is that they don't list it among their other cars on the info request page haha.

S121 is the model #.

http://www.saleen.com/info_request.htm

-Brian

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread