¡drive through atm fail!

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member
You're doing it wrong!

09ffbe5f.gif

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Just because someone is visually impaired it doesn't always mean they are blind. Perhaps they are a passenger? A walk-up? It's nice they have that option on there.

DevilSun

Established Member
Doesn't sound like the safest idea, but of course they should. I thought the buttons had braille on them too, my mistake; they do around here and seems quite useful. Problem is, the audio probably defaults to spanish :)

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Doesn't sound like the safest idea, but of course they should. I thought the buttons had braille on them too, my mistake; they do around here and seems quite useful. Problem is, the audio probably defaults to spanish :)

People who are legally blind cannot see small print, but most of them don't read braille because they aren't completely blind so that wouldn't help them. Having an audio option is perfect for that kind of situation.

TechSavy

Established Member
People who are legally blind cannot see small print, but most of them don't read braille because they aren't completely blind so that wouldn't help them. Having an audio option is perfect for that kind of situation.

This. Legally blind and totally blind are two completely different things.

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
But i love the deposit thingie they have now. Just put in your single bills and it counts your money. 100% better than using a damn envelope

DevilSun

Established Member
Fair enough, but that is a Chase ATM, and a newer one (at least OS) and the text on the screen is way larger than that, or any of the text on the whole machine.

Please press 2 for English :)

P.S. - Don't forget, it's drive through...not walk up.

Last edited:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Fair enough, but that is a Chase ATM, and a newer one (at least OS) and the text on the screen is way larger than that, or any of the text on the whole machine.

Please press 2 for English :)

P.S. - Don't forget, it's drive through...not walk up.

It's probably standard for them to be on all atms, drive up or walk up. I've walked up to drive through ATMs before though. :shrug:

DevilSun

Established Member
Haha, sounds like you succeeded where I failed. I was asked by bank employees to use the walk up ATM not the drive up unless I was driving :( My response of "well it was busy" did not suffice

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Haha, sounds like you succeeded where I failed. I was asked by bank employees to use the walk up ATM not the drive up unless I was driving :( My response of "well it was busy" did not suffice

Most banks (here, anyway) don't have a walk up atm. If they do, they are located inside of the bank. The only time I've used the drive up on foot has been at night so it wasn't an option to go inside and use the walk up.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
The ATM's at my bank have those labels and they also have a Audio port to plug in headphones.:read:

Users who are viewing this thread