Wow...that was scary

Satyr

Established Member
Not pictures of it totaled, I've got em, just haven't put them on my computer yet, i'll do that sometime today or tomorrow.

The roads are those kind where they're not real asphault. Instead, they are rocks and tar compacted together and compressed down by constant road wear. The roads weren't wet, but they were still slick from something...but I didn't notice that until after I got out of the car and all.

Friendchicken

I've always taught that you don't swerve to avoid furry critters. They aren't worth totalling your car or life over.

At least now you can get your kit painted and fitted to match the rest of your car.

stvdman

Established Member
Furry animals, just lay on the brakes, not worth that.

I was taught long ago to just nail the brakes, and hold on. Living up in New England for quite some time, vehicle/deer collisions are very common. Most of the time when the person driving the car is hurt it is due to them trying to avoid (swerving) hitting the animal.

The only time I was told to try to avoid the animal by moving around it was if it was a cow, horse, or moose. They could kill you with a direct frontal hit muych more easily than an animal like a deer or smaller.

Glad your OK though. What kind of critters were they?

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Man, just run the little bastards over. I had a rabbit stop in front of me once when I was doing 80 on an open desert highway in new mexico once. I felt the impact on the K-member, but not one bit of damage. It isn't worth the risk to life/limb or property. I know it is a natural reaction, but if you think quick you can avoid it.

Satyr

Established Member
Well, I guess the only thing I can say about this is it's a learning experience. I've learned that next time, i'll hit the animal, or not make such a drastic maneuver in attempts to avoid it/them.

thanks for all the uplifting comments.

byeofcr

Established Member
jeez, that sucks man, im awfully sorry about your ride. WIsh the best with whatver comes of it.

I had a similar situation with a fox when i got my old gt just painted chromallusion. I was so pissed, but in hindsight im glad i didnt swerve because i would nailed a really hi curb, so i took the scratch on the front bumper on the chin and dealt with it.

take care

Users who are viewing this thread