Relocating the stuff that is bolted to the side of the blower.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have an EGR delete kit, but until there is evidence that there is a benefit to doing this I took what another member "SNIPERDOG" did and ran with it. Here is a short write-up. I probably left a few things out, but you will get the idea. This was done on a Whipple, but it should be nearly the same for KB's and Eatons alike. All of the vac lines will reach, but you will need to extend all of the wires (4). I do not know what most of this stuff is called, so if someone knows, please let me know and I will edit the thread.

Here is a picture of the blower with everything still mounted to the side. (ugly)
195318.jpg

A close up..
195320.jpg

I began by moving everything that was not going to be relocated out of the way.
195321.jpg

Next, I began removing everything from the bracket.
195322.jpg

Remove the bracket.
195323.jpg

195324.jpg

Cut away all of the tape and remove the convoluted tubing from around the vac lines and wires.
195325.jpg

Pop the cowl off and lay it back across your windshied (or undo the washer fluid lines and remove it from the car completely) I left it hooked up and just put some soft towels underneath the cowl to keep it from damaging the paint of the A-pillars.
195326.jpg

Here is a shot with the cowl lifted up, and the vac lines and wires unsheathed.
195327.jpg

There is a hard plastic tube that runs from a port on the drivers side and attaches to a soft rubber hose mounted to the passenger side shock tower. I did away with the hard tube and used a 3/8th ID rubber vac line and reduced it to a 3/16 ID and attached it to the port that was located on the drivers side, but will soon be under the cowl. You will see what I am talking about when you start the project
195328.jpg

Drill two 1/8" pilot holes through the lower cowl and through the firewall. I then followed these holes with a 1/2" bit.
195329.jpg

I then fished the vac lines and the wires through one hole, and the 3/16th rubber vac tube that I added, through the second hole. I then made all of my electrical connections using butt connectors. Then put everything that was on the bracket into the cowl, plugged in all of the vac lines and plugged in the electrical adapters. I also fastened everything in place with zip ties so that they would not rattle or move around under the cowl.
195332.jpg

Next I mounted the square box with the single wired plug and two vac lines that was mounted to the very back of the accessory bracket to the firewall with self tapping 3/4 inch sheet metal screws.
195333.jpg

Wrap up all of the exposed vac lines and wires with black electrical tape and fasten them down to the convoluted tubing that contains the wiring for the injectors.
195335.jpg

Here is a side shot of the completed work.
195336.jpg

Here is a pic of all the junk that was removed. Most of it is in the garbage now.
195337.jpg

I did not take any shots of everything all buttoned up, but I covered all of the vac line and wires that were running from the rear of the blower and into the cowl with black electrical tape and convoluted tubing.

-Jeff

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Here is a higher resolution shot of the completed work. It is dark out, so the lighting is not that great.

195354.jpg

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Great write up Jeff!!! I actually just finished mine up a few minutes ago, but's it's too dark for pics. Best part was while moving the cowl I found the cricket noise that's been bugging me for the past three years!!!!!

Note: I had to extend the vac. line that went to the boost bypass.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
96stanggt said:
Note: I had to extend the vac. line that went to the boost bypass.

With the Whipple I had eliminated that vac line a long time ago, but that is a good side-note for those with Eaton cars.

-Jeff

BLK03SVT10TH

Mods? What Mods??
Established Member
I like the work, but I just have one question, and it isn't that I'm any kind of an expert on this stuff.

I believe one of the Sensors in the back right next to the Boost-By-Pass Actuator is some kind of an Atmospheric Pressure Sensor (Barometric I think) and I was wondering if there would be any adverse effects to moving it under the Cowel.

It might be the one you've got mounted to the Cowel

Last edited:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
BLK03SVT10TH said:
I like the work, but I just have one question, and it isn't that I'm any kind of an expert on this stuff.

I believe one of the Sensors in the back right next to the Boost-By-Pass Actuator is some kind of an Atmospheric Pressure Sensor (Barometric I think) and I was wondering if there would be any adverse effects to moving it under the Cowel.

It might be the one you've got mounted to the Cowel

That shouldn't be a problem, even if that sensor is now in the cowl, the cowl erea is not sealed off at all.:beer:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
SNIPERDOG said:
That shouldn't be a problem, even if that sensor is now in the cowl, the cowl erea is not sealed off at all.:beer:

+1,000

The cowl area is still exposed to the same atmospheric pressure as the engine bay, but maybe slightly cooler temps.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Screamin Cobra said:
Nice Jeff, looks a whole lot cleaner like that too. :thumbsup:

I owe it to you though for pointing me in this direction instead of the complete delete of the EGR system. Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with this delete kit that I bought.

-Jeff

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
is there any way you could post a picture of the electrical connections you had to make? im weary of cutting, doing somethiwn wrong with the wiring to those electrical wires on the sensors....

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
DaveHutch said:
is there any way you could post a picture of the electrical connections you had to make? im weary of cutting, doing somethiwn wrong with the wiring to those electrical wires on the sensors....

The two connectors that are moved have two wires each, that will need extending. I used butt connectors and shrink wrap, but it is as simple as extending a total of 4 wires. You just need to mark the wires in order not to get them backwards, and make sure you dont cut wires too close to connector. Cutting the wires was also the toughest part for me:thumbsup:.
Rob

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I used 4 different wire colors for the 4 different connections that I made (2 connections per device). It made it super easy to keep track of, and I had the wire handy. Then I just butt connected them and wrapped the entire strand of wires in electrical tape.

-Jeff

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
okay i think i can handle the wires....now i have another question.

that LONG black hard tube that you rreplaced....on the end of mine there was a big cylinder thing( like a little bigger than a shotgun shell) with it capped off at the end. theres also another line that was capped off!...im posting pictures so you guys can see what im talking about. i just didnt know if i could completely delete them or what!

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
is htat the boost bypass? or is the boost bypass an acual sensor that has a harness on it?? because i see thats not in this write up because of the whipple.....hmm i need to figure out where to put that too.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
DaveHutch said:
okay i think i can handle the wires....now i have another question.

that LONG black hard tube that you rreplaced....on the end of mine there was a big cylinder thing( like a little bigger than a shotgun shell) with it capped off at the end. theres also another line that was capped off!...im posting pictures so you guys can see what im talking about. i just didnt know if i could completely delete them or what!

What I did with that, was remove allot of the excess tubing, and stash it in the cowl with the valve if memory serves me correctly:p. I'm not sure what that part is :shrug:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
DaveHutch said:
is htat the boost bypass? or is the boost bypass an acual sensor that has a harness on it?? because i see thats not in this write up because of the whipple.....hmm i need to figure out where to put that too.

No, thats were there is a little difference, your bypass if you have the eaton, is the cylindrical gizmo slightly behind the two valves. I believe it has a little metal rod hanging hanging out of the bottom. But, I think one of the two valves being moved is part of the boost bypass syetm. The cylindrical gizmo stays. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
right...well my tubing has nothing but a cap at hte end of it like i was saying...so if i can just cut it off and not stash it...id like that. i wil post pics in about 2 hours

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
SNIPERDOG said:
No, thats were there is a little difference, your bypass if you have the eaton, is the cylindrical gizmo slightly behind the two valves. I believe it has a little metal rod hanging hanging out of the bottom. But, I think one of the two valves being moved is part of the boost bypass syetm. The cylindrical gizmo stays. :thumbsup:
oh i know that thing with the metal rod stayes......the other guy that you extend on of the electrical wires for...di you stash that under the cowl too? haha this is hard without konwing names. i will explain in the pics!

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
okay here are the pics....
these two both came capped off when i bough the car......can i just delete them completely?
P9234461.jpg

and with the one in my right hand...did you guys put that behind the cowl too? i didnt see where it went..
P9234460.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread