Solution To Stuck Throttle-cobra's

dynobobstieg

This is a Serious, but not so common problem. I have had this happen on my Dyno twice. I recently saw a post where someone wrecked there Cobra because of what he felt was a stuck throttle. I do not know if this was indeed what happened in his particualar case although I do know it could happen.
The cable I am talking about is the one that wraps around the throttle lever. Under a very quick snap of the throttle this cable can climb on the top of the lever causing the throttle to hang-I am posting a Very Simple Preventative Fix.
Use a #55 Drill bit it measures 052
Take a 3/64 Cotter Pin 1 1/4 inches long
Drill hole
Insert Pin over cable
This Fix is something to look at and decide for yourself :
throttle%20pin%20004.jpg

cotterpin%20throttle%20002.jpg

cotterpin%20throttle%20004.jpg

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Didn't realize that this was a potential issue Bob........Know that the carpet problem has bitten a few of the fellas, but not this one. Good insurance policy here!

cm svt 03

Established Member
This is a good idea, Bob did it on my car on Saturday when I was there for a dyno.. only took like 2 mins.. Very easy insurance! Thanks Bob!!!

Last edited:

EVIL04MYSTIC

Established Member
Sorry to bring up a very old thread but I would like to do this mod on my cobra and was wondering if anyone happen to have any pics of it.
Thanks guys!

nextime

Termi? Read Signature
Established Member
Yeah that is nice he posts a how-to and deleted the photos. I cant find anything I had archived or even on the web, sorry. Contact him direct and tell him to fix the photos.

Users who are viewing this thread