Ok, so is the PPRV?

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Right, well I havent had anything done to the car in quite a while and this just started happening. She usually sits in the garage until the weekend.

Driving, WOT, idling, etc.... car is normal.

If I am at WOT and I depress the clutch, shift, then go back to WOT, its like the car isnt there for a fast second, then it comes back online like nothing happened.

So, I did research and heard of doing the PPRV delete. One of the things they said would show if it was that problem, was to WOT shift and it shouldnt happen. Well I did a couple of WOT 3rd to 4th shifts while shifting FAST and Voila No hesitation.

So, before I take the time to make the kit and buy the KB washer for the fuel rail. I just wanted a second opinion.

Does it sound like the PPRV?

Thanks guys!

Oh mods include:
JLT Cold AIR
2.80 Upper
Idlers
SCT Mail order tune
X pipe
Exhaust

Last edited:

wlg101190

Established Member
Definitely the PPRV man, I would say powershift! Haha kidding, but if I was you I would just buy the kit from Lethal Performance for $79.95.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I did the delete, but have heard that some of the recent tunes have nearly eliminated the hesitation.

RWTD is just one of the tuners that have had good results doing this.

RWTD did my mail order tune and I just adjust it from street to open track settings.
I did my PPRV delete more to reduce restriction and duty cycle since I had never even driven the car with the Whipple until everything else fuel related was done.

I don't know if it would have hesitated or not without the delete.:shrug:

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Mine is iffy on it, sometimes it does it, but lately it hasnt....::knocks on wood:: :)

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Mine is iffy on it, sometimes it does it, but lately it hasnt....::knocks on wood:: :)

Same way here, it's only on the 2nd to 3rd gear shifts if I don't shift quick enough. Otherwise it's non existant, my MGW and some adjustment to the clutch cable made a huge improvement. I will probably do the delete eventually though.

Josh

WowGuySVT

Established Member
OK, I'm probably just missing it, but I cant find the PPRV delete on the Lethal Performance site. I want to learn more about it. My car doesnt give me any problems as of now, but I do want to be aware

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
OK, I'm probably just missing it, but I cant find the PPRV delete on the Lethal Performance site. I want to learn more about it. My car doesnt give me any problems as of now, but I do want to be aware

:thumbsup: Thanks to everyone for the Lethal mention! We appreciate the support! Jared

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pages-productinfo/product-14835/lp-pprvdelete-lethal-performance-pprv-delete-kit-with-30r10-submersible-line.html

LP-PPRVDELETE_MED.jpg

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I did my pprv delete and never hesitated again. 3 ft of 30r10 and 6 ss clamps and you are straight. If and when you do the delete, make sure that there are no kinks in your lines and that you tighten the clamps up.

Thanks pimp, where did you buy the line from?

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
My car has done it a handful of times in the last year or so. Very infrequent and I was going to do the the PPRV mod, but it never was consistent enough for me to do it.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Is the Lethal kit just three pieces of hose and 6 clamps? Can't I just get that from the auto parts store? $80 + shipping seems a little high for that isn't it?

grip

Established Member
Right, well I havent had anything done to the car in quite a while and this just started happening. She usually sits in the garage until the weekend.

Driving, WOT, idling, etc.... car is normal.

If I am at WOT and I depress the clutch, shift, then go back to WOT, its like the car isnt there for a fast second, then it comes back online like nothing happened.

So, I did research and heard of doing the PPRV delete. One of the things they said would show if it was that problem, was to WOT shift and it shouldnt happen. Well I did a couple of WOT 3rd to 4th shifts while shifting FAST and Voila No hesitation.

So, before I take the time to make the kit and buy the KB washer for the fuel rail. I just wanted a second opinion.

Does it sound like the PPRV?

Thanks guys!

Oh mods include:
JLT Cold AIR
2.80 Upper
Idlers
SCT Mail order tune
X pipe
Exhaust

I have the same problem from 2nd to 3rd, but I smell clutch after it does this. 1st to 2nd is good, but from 2nd to 3rd it stops pulling for a second and then starts gaining momentum and pulls again. I was thinking clutch, of course from the burning clutch smell, but this has me wondering now. Any thoughts?

Deftones

Established Member
Is mod worth it? Also will it mess up your custom dyno tune? Or will you need a retune? I have a hestitaion only if I dont shift fast enough at WOT.

Users who are viewing this thread