Painted Brake Calipers

nasty04mach1

Bnasty
Established Member
:rolling:I want to see what colors everyone has choosen to paint theres. Mine are red. But everyone has red. and I am getting tired of seening mine as red. So lets post them up people. Thanks guys :rolling:

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Black is always clean and subtle.
Before
015-1.jpg

016.jpg

After
036.jpg

t0ad

The Nightman
Established Member
I bought the red paint... but I have not painted them. I think a metallic color might be the best. bronze or gold. but I will probably leave them alone.

nasty04mach1

Bnasty
Established Member
Here are what mine look like now:
I'm also goning to paint the center part of the rotor Black as well. So it will blend in more and not rust.

IMG_7682.gif

IMG_7681.gif

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Wow, that came out great.

Can you give a little info on how you did it and what type of paint was used.

Nice work.
Thank you! I just sanded them down with a dremel and used some elbow grease with some sand paper getting the metal as smooth as possible. I used Duplicolor caliper paint in a little tub and applied it with a foam brush. It does a good job of covering and smoothing out before drying. Lastly I just shot it with a coat of clear. :beer:

BTW, I'm pretty sure it's your car, or one just like it thats cut out of a mag and tacked up on my wall above my computer lol.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Painted mine to match the car. I still need to paint the bracket!!!! I just used Duplicolor SPRAY caliper paint in silver for the primer, some touch up paint I'd ordered off the internet, and Duplicolor clear on top. Only prep was to clean the calipers really well. Best advice - do it off the car.

116fg9.jpg

dec52007045cb2.jpg

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
Thank you! I just sanded them down with a dremel and used some elbow grease with some sand paper getting the metal as smooth as possible. I used Duplicolor caliper paint in a little tub and applied it with a foam brush. It does a good job of covering and smoothing out before drying. Lastly I just shot it with a coat of clear. :beer:

BTW, I'm pretty sure it's your car, or one just like it thats cut out of a mag and tacked up on my wall above my computer lol.:thumbsup:

Hmm, might have to give that a shot. Amazing how smooth it came out using a foam brush.

Ha, it probably is my car, it was in the August mm & ff as well as some other magazines.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread