Rain and worn bfg's in rain= BAD!!!!

351inside

Established Member
Well guys i crashed my car into the side of the highway... i know i know, you guy might think i was driving stupid, but i was actually driving at around 40 on the highway with my hazards, i was on my way to pick up my girlfriend when all of the sudden i felt my car slidding and i panic, then slam on the brakes(bad descision) i didnt hit another car so that was good and the car is drivable but i oont know what frame damage it has.... now im starting to look for the parts to fix my baby up again... i need both airbags... hood, bumper, bumper cover, headlights and fogs(which i needed anyways)... hope its nothing major, i was planning on repainting the whole front end soon and then this happend, and the left hand fender... at least thats what i think... how much do you guys make this out to be??? i feel horrible and rest assure that im buying regular street tires now and keeping the drag radials for track use only... take a look for youself... nobody was hurt or anything( except for the hard hit on the face from the airbag, but the seatbelt held me back... so guys wear your seatbelts, they really do help)

05-28-07_1455.jpg

05-28-07_1511.jpg

05-28-07_1512.jpg

05-28-07_1513.jpg

05-28-07_1514.jpg

dbc5150

Flynbyu
Established Member
Ahhh shi# man that sucks I am glad no one was hurt. I took mine in just to see how much it would be to paint the top of mine after it went thru a fence and it is going to be 3200 for mine. Are you gonna report it to the insurance?

351inside

Established Member
i only had liability on it on insurance is out of the question... if paint is tha expensive then im just gona have to drive it like that for about a month.. i mean with the new parts installed and everything you knoe, just primered or something...

Mhissticobra

Established Member
Damn bro, that sucks. You'll get it back to normal and rolling in it in no time.

I'm glad I never have to drive mine in the rain!

351inside

Established Member
i know, dont get me wrong i love driving my car, but i know i need dd, my friend has a clean 03 king ranch(black, and told me he would sell it to me in late sep. for 11 gs...)so im gonna pick it up later on this year if he still has it...

BelvedereGTX

Banned
airbags going off is never good. Ill bet your damage might be close to 7k. I do wish you the best of look with restoring it yourself dude.

tjs98gt

Established Member
what color air bags do u need?

i removed mine and have, the control modules and the crash sensors all in my garage. i cant tell if yours are gray or black

351inside

Established Member
they are black man... where do you guys think i should buy the body parts from??? what about blueoval??? or should i go a diffrent way??? the fender im gonna go to a yunk yard and get it... i just looked a t the bumper cover and it just had a big dent on the side which pulled out like nothing so the cover is good too, just that were it holds up by the grille were one of the little screws go it broke, but its still good... i just need the bumper and bumper absorber or i dunno what its called... i just finised ordering the smoked headlights...

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
Airbags are stupid expensive. That sucks. Your cobra was so nice too. I would never drive more than my nittos in the rain. I <3 that color by the way.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
I highly recommend a set of GY Eagle F1 GS-D3s if you have to drive it in the rain much. I went about 100mph on a new highway before they opened it with the city's permission last fall in the rain. It was just about like driving on dry pavement. They are pricey but worth it. However if you ever drive in the snow, forget them and get BFG KDWs.

kit5pt0

Established Member
SKMCOBRA said:
I highly recommend a set of GY Eagle F1 GS-D3s if you have to drive it in the rain much. I went about 100mph on a new highway before they opened it with the city's permission last fall in the rain. It was just about like driving on dry pavement. They are pricey but worth it. However if you ever drive in the snow, forget them and get BFG KDWs.

have you tried the kdws in the snow? if so, what do you think? i NEED something for the snow this next winter since i can't afford a decent non embarassing DD.

bvysochin

Established Member
Yeah, I'd say after body work, paint, airbags, and whatnot.. probably between 3k-10k.. I know, it's such a big range but it REALLY depends on how much work you do yourself.. Paint isnt cheap.. since you'll most likely want to blend a few panels depending on how aged your paint is.. Don't forget that you're going to need a new headlight mounting panel (those are tough to find in junkyards since they snap so easily in wrecks).. can't tell if your cowl vent panel is ok.. your windshield washer reservoir will most likely be cracked.. other than that.. I think you have it covered.. Your hood looks more than salvageable.. Consider yourself real lucky.. lucky that you're alright and lucky that there isnt more than damage than there is..

Last edited:

351inside

Established Member
i thinkim gonna have to take it to a shop, i was looking at it today, and well i removed the bumper cover and fender, and the damage is a little more than just on the surface.. not much dough... time for a loan from the bank... LOl oh well, i just want to have it ready in less than a month... i really need the car...

fivepointno

Established Member
if the damage doesnt extend to the subframes dont worry about it just grab a front clip from the junkyard for less than 1ooo, **** the airbags, and get it painted should be under 2gs if you do all the work

Users who are viewing this thread