University of MD CPT Charity Car Show 4/29/06

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
OK Folks, I admit I've been slacking with getting this post up but have been busy focusing on major renovations to my house along with a new job. On April 29th the MACA will again ride in to the UMD car show with pride and presence.

The show begins at 12:00. I have identified a local meeting point for all of us to cruise in from. Instead of Hillendale we will meet at the Maryland Welcome Center on 95 South. I figure get there no later than 11:45. I scoped this place out recently and there is plenty of parking available. My other thought is most likely everyone would love some seat time on the big road before pulling in. The rest stop is just South of Route 32, North of Route 216. I am working on the cruise route into the show but will focus on few lights and turns.

The Charity benefiting from the show is Marthas Table. http://www.marthastable.org/ Martha’s Table’s mission is to serve the needs of the less fortunate in the Washington, DC community through food, learning, healthy living, recreational and family support services.

Your donation will consist of a canned good or $1.00. I will be collecting the donations at the initial meeting point from those that will be riding in with us. If anyone plans to show up later you are on your own and will be required to donate upon entry. Donations in addition to the above will be accepted but do not feel as though it is required. Were all about fun and doing good things at the end of the day.

This show is being presented by College Park Tuning. Below is the Flyer from their website with some additional information
umdmeet2007front.jpg

Our unofficial MACA (will someday have a Cobra) buddy Dale, (Sunburned) should be recognized for gearing everyone up for this event with his recent thread. This show has become an annual event for the MACA and what can be better than hanging out, cruizing, and benefiting a charity.

In reviewing Dale's thread, several have showed interest in the event. I am copying the attendies list over and those listed should post up if you do not feel you will be able to make it. Those with the question marks please post on where you stand with this event - Thanks!

List of Attendees

1. sunburned
2. 01lowboy
3. F8LBITEva
4. SPRAYED DAILY
5. N2DAMYSTIC
6. Flowgoode
7. spray175
8. 04yellowcobra - ??
9. Venimus03 - ??
10. Lurker
11. SnakeStang 96
12. 03silvr10thvert
13. 1bad04cobra
14. IronTerp
15. I-CAN-STANG
16. Antex - ??
17. 004RedTorch
18. poiznus03
19. dkscobra2003
20. Anybody?
21. 1fastredcobra
22. zaxjax
23. Tidoh
24. gcassidy
25. SVTcobra04
26. 98Sn8ke
27. CobraMan69
28. BUNKY
39. solidsnak3
30. DonPablo94SVT
31. onebadmystic
32. heytonyman
33. FHATTCATT
34. und3rgr0undk1ng
35. mikey lightning
36. Almo
37. kens03cobra - (Will be there with Brass Balls a Hanging)
38. Fak3r
39. VTSteevo
40. convert03cobra
41. CobraSoze

In addition to the show I am planning a GTG back at my house after the event. I've been through allot with my renovations and am excited to be able to have people over. Food and beverages, Frosty ones too, are on me for this one. Please respond if you are up for this so I can get a count for supplies.

Dwight - Sticky - Thanks!

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Damn man, about time you made this thread. Yeah, CPT just had a meeting tonight and we were discussing the meet, can't wait for it. We'll make sure to have plenty of parking for the cobras, we just need a good count of who is gonna be there.

Oh, and thanks for callin me out as SVTless... I feel bad enough not having a cobra. I'm trying to get one, but I dont know if it is worth the trouble. I have a million people asking me why I am selling, and I'm kind of leaning towards keeping the car, selling the blower, and buying coilovers. Even if I'm not fast, I'll trade Tim for his 4.10s and kill everyone in the twisties. I don't know what to do anymore :( Damn you MACA for making me want a Cobra.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am penciling this in, unless something comes up that I can't avoid I'll be there.

One question.....why wasn't I called to do the painting on the home renovations?:poke:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
sunburned said:
Oh, and thanks for callin me out as SVTless... I feel bad enough not having a cobra. I'm trying to get one, but I dont know if it is worth the trouble. I have a million people asking me why I am selling, and I'm kind of leaning towards keeping the car, selling the blower, and buying coilovers. Even if I'm not fast, I'll trade Tim for his 4.10s and kill everyone in the twisties. I don't know what to do anymore :( Damn you MACA for making me want a Cobra.

LOL - Just pointing out that we need to get you on board. I'll edit the post:thumbsup:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
wheelhopper said:
I am penciling this in, unless something comes up that I can't avoid I'll be there.

One question.....why wasn't I called to do the painting on the home renovations?:poke:

Simple - My wife likes to paint. Should have considered it though, may not have all this stuff to touch up:rollseyes

01Lowboy

SPTZCLNT
Established Member
Should be a good time fellas. Dont know if there would be any sort of interest but I know there will be a mobile dyno there if anyone wants to show off for the kiddies.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Now who do we need to sacrifice to get 2 sunny weekends in a row (4/22 and 4/29)?

I blame the whether forcasters for all my life's ills. :cuss:

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
wheelhopper said:

You do painting?

We need 1 hallway (w/ stairs) and 2 rooms (both with high, vaulted ceilings) painted and have been looking around. Best I got was on a recommendation from a friend who had their house painted ($150/room). I live in Annapolis, and I would supply the paint (I get a large discount with a particular brand).

Let me know man :beer:

Last edited:

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
If anyone ever needs paint PM me. I work for HD in the paint dept. and while we don't neccesarily sell the best paint I would be surprised if anyone can beat MY prices.

Oh and I'm still tenative on this G2G but I'm starting to think imma feel to sick to work that day.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
N2DAMYSTIC said:
LOL - Just pointing out that we need to get you on board. I'll edit the post:thumbsup:

Haha, thanks bud.

gcassidy said:
Now who do we need to sacrifice to get 2 sunny weekends in a row (4/22 and 4/29)?

Purestang?

Users who are viewing this thread